secretstasher

Migraine blanket

For those of you who read the post here is the blanket that gave me a migraine when I finished it. I was so releived hehe. well I have edged it with satin and the little girl I look after is smitten with it.

After school she is to be found wrapped up in it like a catapiller. smiling watching television.

I have nearly finished another for her brother so mabey if I behave I wont have a migraine once this other one is done.

hope you like...................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/lalamunch/migraineblanketlily.jpg

It looks fantastic! Dare I say worth a migraine? I do get them, so know how bad they get, hopefully the next afghan is migraine-free!

Sally

Nice job! The best compliment of all is to see the little girl all wrapped up caterpillar style. She feels safe and loved in her beautiful cocoon! :manyheart

It's gorgeous! No wonder she is smiling. I could almost get a migraine just *thinking* about taking on a project like that! Nice job! :cheer

Your blanket is fabulous! Great job! :cheer

Love it, love the colours and the pattern, well worth the migraine :)

Gorgeous afghan! I can see why it could give you a migraine! My daughter (5) would love it!

That's gorgeous. I know what you mean about migraine blankets. I done a few of those myself. :P

It's so bright and cheery. I just love it!:manyheart

That is sooo pretty and the colors are so cheerful!

WOW !! that is gorgeous, and well worth a migrane!! Not only for the Afghan, but most of all for the smile on the little girls face.

wow that is beautiful. Is there 90 squares in that blankie? That is really big. Good job:cheer

WOW - well worth the effort you put into it. Fabulous afghan

there are 99 squares, each seven inches wide. It is girly but you know how little five year old girls are like. pink purple and sparkles hehe.

thanks for all the lovely comments you are all too kind.

It is good to know I am not the only one having migraines after finishing projects.

Love to you all Sian xxxxxxxxxxxx:)

It s so so so beautiful, perfect colours. I love it :yay yay

Beautiful! You did a fantastic job!!

Sian,

Pease tell me how you attached the satin trim. I am making a woobie for my friend who is coming home from China. I have the squares assembled and I have a few rounds of sc around them all. I have been working on attaching the satin trim, but I'm NO seamstress and don't know how to so this. And then I stumbled upon this thread!! It was kismet.

So, not only is your blanket a masterpiece compared to my woobie, you are a satin trim inspiration!