???? August Blitz Charity ????

cluless

According to the Charity Blitz post #1, August Charity is

Hope Crisis Center for Prgnant women. Does anyone know anything about this? Is someone going to be collect items? What items? If we need to send direct, to where? Is there a POC for the charity already set up? Inquiring minds want to know.:think

Hey Clueless I will check my "files" to see if I can help figure this out in the mean time if anyone remembers (as I do not) please let us know. Otherwise we will maybe have to do items for local charities for Aug. Dont fret its not yet July so we have time to find out

this is what I found when I did a search

http://www.hopecpc.org/involved.htm

I would assume they need baby clothing...blankets and such

Cool-

I'll see if I can contact them tomorrow, so if we don't have a local forum sponsor, we know who/what/where. I much prefer having a specific charity goal rather than just sending to my local whatever, especially since I don't know what my local whatever is.

Here is the Email I sent to Hope Crisis center.

Hi,

I'm with an internet crochet forum that selects different organizations to send hand made crochet items to each month. Your organization was selected for our crafters to make items for the month of August. We have a couple of questions to better help us in making items.

What kind of crochet items would you like? Blankets? Hats? Booties? Toys? other?. Are most of the babies full term or do you need preemie items also? Are there items that are needed for the mothers?

Are there any other non-crochet items we could send.

Are you affiliated with other locations in the country? We have members nation-wide and if you have more than one location, I am sure most people would like to send items to the closest place possible?

What are your mailing address(es) and who should (ATTN) should we address the boxes to?

Here's a link to the crochet forum "BLITZ" thread.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39268

We have many eager fingers eager to help.

Thanks

Here is her response

Carol,

We would love to get booties, hats or blankets! Most of the babies are full term, but not all, we do not have a satelite center, but there is one in Page that is just beginning and I'm sure she would love to get items also. Her name is Beth and her e-mail is babybelliesaz@hotmail.com. Thank you for thinking of our moms and their babies.

Rosanna Tarr Director

Hope cpc

P. O. Box 31317

Flagstaff, AZ 86003-1317

I will email Beth and get her info also.

I also received a message from Quirkyvirgo who is an established forum member who would like to received similar items for a similar group - I Know that this is not the established protocol for the blitz, but what the hey. I think I can send an item or two her way. CAN YOU? PM her for mailing info if you can. Spread the love. However; We must remember the primary focus for this month is the Hope Crisis Center in Flagstaff AZ. Isn't it:think Yep I think so.:manyheart Yep that's what it is:hug

I think we just need to make our fingers wiggle faster.:hook

Hello -

I saw your post regarding August charity donations. I work with a local prenatal clinic here in OK that treats pregnant women with little income and no health insurance, including Medicaid or Medicare. These women have nothing and we try to provide them with everything we can. There is a huge need for blankets, toys, clothing, pretty much anything. Please let me know if this would be an alternate option for August. I can take the things personally to the agency.

Thanks,

Tandi

EDIT-

I'm moving this info to a new thread. It sounds like she could really use help now and longer term.

clueless now that we have the info we need lets ask a mod to close this thread so we dont have 2 threads for the same thing (charity blitz)

Nope

I think that we may still have a crochetville sponsor out there for the August charity...I'm not one for giving up until we are sure. Just call me hard-headed....or CLULESS

Archived