FF Landscape UPDATED

moonrhythm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woooooooaaaaaaaaaah! i just wandered in here and the first thing i see is your tree piece. just wow. amazing. moving really.

that is art. submit a photo to Interweave or Crochet Today maybe? Smithsonian? at the very least, +1 to museum or hang on wall.

thank you so much for sharing this very special piece.

Moonrhythm:

I truly love your freeform landscape. It shows so much movement. I really must learn how to do bouillon stitches if I'm going to do freeform. You certainly are good at them and they add so much texture.

Have you decided how to mount it? Please post again when you have it hanging. I was thinking you could put it on rug canvas.

thank you sincerely, everyone. the rug canvas is a great idea, thank you artemis. i tried doing a google search on how to mount a crochet wall hanging and came up with this thread! i suppose it won't be too difficult to figure out. and to everyone who said that they aren't normally fans of freeform and found in this piece something to like, i really appreciate that.

bliss~*

I like Artemis' idea too. Before that i was thinking that maybe if you used a bent wire (about the size of a clothes hanger) and attached it just inside the perimeter on the back side... with just enough spring to hold the image flat. OR how about a large hoop of a diameter larger than the image, with radial tension lthreads running from the image to the hoop... so the hoop would become part of the image and the threads would look like rays ?

Oh i so wisht i could do what you do.. What a rewarding experience that must be.

Jimbo

Holy schmoley! That is unbelievable! I am in awe and wish it was possible to reach through the screen just to touch the textures. I'll bet it's amazing. I sure hope to see this in a magazine. You should submit it somewhere. What an artist!

• 5 weeks later...

I just happened to notice this post for the first time tonight.

Wow. I have no idea how to hang it...but wow. Your landscape is amazing.

Though if it were me I would line it with fabric and then hang it.

Still...the work is just gorgeous. Good job!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and time. i still haven't mounted this yet! it sits on a piece of cardboard on my living room coffee table! argggghh!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived