1 more felted bag

angieInCA

Yet again I have created another felted bag. :D

Do you think I'm addicted :think

This was created with Patons Merino in Camel and ModaDea Cache (forgot what color but it is the tan and grey one)

No Pattern, just crocheted till I liked it then threw it in the washer.

I did not increase stitches in the Cache part. THe bag was straight up and down when I felted it. This shows the differance in how the cache felts as opposed to the Patons Merino Wool. Crocheted entirely with a K hook in hdc.

I did add grommets and a magnetic snap for closure the Buttons on either side is for finished decorative purposes only and to cover where the snap went through.

Finished measurements is 9" high, 11" wide at base, 16" wide at top and 2 1/2" deep after blocking over a FedEx box. It's very roomy.

101_0953.jpg

Front

101_0954.jpg

Back

101_0957.jpg

Closeup of inside snap and Cache

Thanks for looking crochet pals :hook

Thanks everyone. I had some lady try to buy it off of me at Michael's on Saturday.

I took her to the yarn and showed her what I used, she was amazed she didn't know how to Crochet but bought a hook and yarn to learn so she could make purses :D

Passing on the craft :hook

If you were to do the whole bag in cache... how many balls do you think it would take? I have 4 and I want to try this felting thing, but I'm not finding any patterns for felting in a bulkyweight yarn and since I've never done this before, I don't want to wing it. :think

Plainly speaking... you're bag is gorgeous and I'm jealous! :manyheart

If you were to do the whole bag in cache... how many balls do you think it would take? I have 4 and I want to try this felting thing, but I'm not finding any patterns for felting in a bulkyweight yarn and since I've never done this before, I don't want to wing it. :think

Plainly speaking... you're bag is gorgeous and I'm jealous! :manyheart

If you are felting the bag then gauge does not matter. What does matter is that you use a large hook and a loose tension so that the yarn has enough room to felt.

This bag too 2 whole skeins of Cache (the finished height of the stripe is 3 ") and 2 whole skeins of the Patons. If you only have 4 skeins then I would do a small project or use it with some wool to make the bag bigger.

The pattern for this bag is basically

crochet a rectangle in hdc to measure 15" x '5".

then hdc crochet around base, connect to beginning stitch. chain 2 (do not turn work) and continue hdc in each stitch,

continue on with this till the bag measures the height you want. (remember when felting it will shrink so you must increase the size to accomodate).

I'm trying to set up a blog so I can post my patterns on there. I just haven't had a great deal of time lately, but I will work harder on getting it done.

If you are felting the bag then gauge does not matter. What does matter is that you use a large hook and a loose tension so that the yarn has enough room to felt.

This bag too 2 whole skeins of Cache (the finished height of the stripe is 3 ") and 2 whole skeins of the Patons. If you only have 4 skeins then I would do a small project or use it with some wool to make the bag bigger.

The pattern for this bag is basically

crochet a rectangle in hdc to measure 15" x '5".

then hdc crochet around base, connect to beginning stitch. chain 2 (do not turn work) and continue hdc in each stitch,

continue on with this till the bag measures the height you want. (remember when felting it will shrink so you must increase the size to accomodate).

I'm trying to set up a blog so I can post my patterns on there. I just haven't had a great deal of time lately, but I will work harder on getting it done.

Do you think if I bought 4 more it might be enough? Seriously, I love your bag lol. :manyheart Once I figure out about how much I'll need, I think I can wing it. :hook

Do you think if I bought 4 more it might be enough? Seriously, I love your bag lol. :manyheart Once I figure out about how much I'll need, I think I can wing it. :hook

If you do it all in the cache it will not flair out like my bag did. It will be straight up and down, but 6 or 7 balls of the cache should be enough. Reember you will need some for the handles if you do them in the cache too. The handles were done with a foundation chain that measured 7' then a hcd back along the chain. after felting I cut it in half to create 2.

Did you really like the way the cache felted? I tried a project with it a while back, and I was really disappointed. For yours, did you hold the cache and the merino wool together during the stripey part? Im really impressed how well yours turned out...as I said, I was disappointed :( Yours looks great, though!

Did you really like the way the cache felted? I tried a project with it a while back, and I was really disappointed. For yours, did you hold the cache and the merino wool together during the stripey part? Im really impressed how well yours turned out...as I said, I was disappointed :( Yours looks great, though!

I did not hold the 2 together. The Cache part is just cache. The Cache did not shrink as much as the Patons but the felting feels just as tight. I rather like how it turned out, it has more texture than the 100% wool. I did felt it for a long time and there is no stitch defenition in the Patons and very little in the Cache (actually it's jsut more bumpy)

• 2 months later...

Archived