What's on your needles now?

lis

I thought it'll be fun to talk about what everyone's currently knitting. I've joined the scarf KAL so that's one WIP but I got bored so I started on the techno-cozy in the first SnB book. I'm almost halfway through. If you're interested, you can read about the WIP here. So what's everyone else working on? :)

580378270_0a0492fef3_o.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been making lots of dishcloths. I'm working on a ball band pattern right now, I love how it's turning out.

I also have the harry potter scarf, a bag, and sock on the needles.

Not to mention the things on the hooks.

I finished mother's scarf by father's day. So I decide to play around with shadow (illusion) knitting. I have a potholder on needles, halfway done. I hope to finish it by next week.

There is a thread about illusion knitting in beginner knitter category. I will be glad to host the KAL if there are enough interest.

A hat, tomorrow I am learning how to do a new scarf that looks like it diagonal or something like that so my knitting teacher said, I really love knitting took my first class in June.

I am trying very hard to finish up some of my projects so I can start more, lol. I am almost finished the Tree of Life sweater from lionbrand.com and will try and get a pic when it is finished. I have to finish my great niece's sweater before her birthday in 2 weeks. I have a small crab on the hook and a doodoo bird to finish a 3 tiny octopi need some eyes.

I'm working on a dishcloth baby blanket. (The diagonal start dishcloth pattern continued on the blankie size). The yarn is an acrylic ombre in orangey reds and white. I'm having some left hand arthritis issues :-( so taking it easy.

I'm working on a dragon scarf for my daughter. She has no idea so it will be a huge surprise for her :D I chose HUFF. The merino is a real dream to work with. It's my first ever real fiber project! :clap

Fine Print: No acrylic beasties were harmed in the making of this project

Im getting ready to start the pinwheel sweater...it will be my first big project since i learned how to knit...just waiting on my yarn to get here :mail hoping to get it done before it gets cold out :lol ...Of course now that ive got my 3 little grandsons living with me it might just take till next winter,i forgot what it was like to run after a 11m,3 and 5 year old :whew.

http://elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024

I'm working on an easy sleeveless top w/ Homespun. My first knitting project. It's coming along real sloooow. I figure I'd try homespun because you can't really see the mistakes and it's suppose to work up fast but not for me:( !

If I get through with this one, I may try something with regular yarn! I've knitted about 10 inches into the back piece so far. (I only do a few rows a day between my crochet projects...) Hopefully, by winter time it'll be done!

I actually have a couple of knitting projects. One is a scarf and the other is a a dishcloth. I don't have a photo of the scarf but here is the dishcloth so far:

th_FeatherFanDishcloth.jpg

(clickable)

Well, let's see...... I'm also making the fiery dragon scarf (for my grandson). And I bought Vogue's Knitting on the Go - Crochet Baby Blankets because I wanted to make the afghan on the cover, little duckies swimming. But I was so disappointed with the bulk of it in crochet, so I have converted it to knit and am working on that, too. It's coming out really nice. And I am also working on another blanket, a circular one called Pleats Galore, or at least my version of it. I keep bidding on the pattern on ebay, but I have not seen it go for less than $30 and that's just crazy. So I enlarged the photo and am doing my best to imitate it. I must say, it's looking very nice.

The morning glory wrap is stunning. Absolutely beautiful. If you don't mind my asking, how much will that yarn set you back?

Please post pictures as you go, so I can enjoy it vicariously as you knit it!

(That project definitely wouldn't be considered "Beginner"!)

Oh I forgot: My WIP is a short sleeved cardigan that I am copying from a sweater I saw a girl wearing at church last week. She probably thought I was some kind of psycho stalker the way I was staring at her, but I was trying to commit all the details of her really cute little sweater to memory so I could come home and recreate it. If I had had some paper and pencil with me I probably would have started sketching it up right there in church!

Archived