One Skein Scarf

inkberry

Here is a One Skein Scarf, from The Happy Hooker book (all the images should be clickable):

th_01_06_23-1.jpg

I made this out of Paton's Jet, an Australian worsted wool and alpaca blend, which is lovely and soft to wear.

This is a Knot Ugly shrug, again from The Happy Hooker (and the first garment that I've ever made :) ), that I crocheted last summer:

th_knotuglyshrugback.jpg

th_knotuglyshrug.jpg

I used Paton's Totem, a machine washable DK wool. It turned out wider than it was supposed to so I made extra long ties and have been wearing it as a wrap.

I'm thinking of making the shrug into a cardigan. I'm going to try and lengthen it by adding a skirt made out of single crochet stitches with a few increases added to give it shape.

Thanks for looking!

Thankyou betty and KnicKnack!

Yes, I really love the patterns in The Happy Hooker too. The book inspired me to start crocheting. I was learning to knit when I bought it but I haven't picked up a pair of needles since! Next on my list of HH projects is an In Bloom bag, a Sweet Pea shawl and a Froufrou.

:)

I love the color on your one skein scarf. I am in the process of making the Knot so Ugly Shrug now. I am using a J hook instead of the K hook it called for.

Thank you very much everybody!

cmg123, good luck with your shrug. I had a bit of trouble with the gauge. I frogged the shrug three times before it fitted properly. :(

I was so happy when I managed to get it to fit.

That's a very pretty shrug and the wrap-effect is quite flattering. I'd love to see how your next project turns out, The cardigan is a good idea.

both are lovely. your cardigan ide sounds interesting, best of luck with that!!

Thanks very much rina, sandyhyasudhir and tygger428.

sandyhyasudhir,

I think The Happy Hooker is a really good book to have. Not only does it have lots of great patterns, it also has lots of tips and techniques...and it's relatively cheap.

Oh how I like your purple scarf!! My oldest dd's favorite color--purple!! Love your black shrug, looks great on you!! I too have the HH book, but all I have made is the FBB(about 10 of them). The book has sooooo many neat patterns, I don't know what to do next??:think You did a great job on both!!:hook

Archived