Cross Bookmark

deleight

• 4 weeks later...

Very pretty!! Pretty color too!! Thanks for the pattern. It looks hard...but I will give it a shot .... someday when I finish a couple hundred other things. I looooove bookmarks though!!! So I will find a way to attempt this one!! Thanks again :D

Well, that's just gorgeous. I've been wanting to do some cross bookmarks for my mil, for her to give away. I haven't looked very hard, but I want a pattern that is worked continuously (no cutting and tying to work the arms of the cross). I took a look at this pattern and it says "rounds" so I'll look more closely to see if it fits the bill.

I'm sure your swap partner will be more than pleased!!

Really pretty bookmark. Love bookmarks. I especially like the ones that have a big loop so that you can put it over your arm while you are reading and then just slide it onto the book when you are through reading. Yes! It is a life saver for those of us who have lost a lot of our bookmarks.

Glenda

Very pretty!! Pretty color too!! Thanks for the pattern. It looks hard...but I will give it a shot .... someday when I finish a couple hundred other things. I looooove bookmarks though!!! So I will find a way to attempt this one!! Thanks again :D

It's actually not very complicated and it's only 2 rounds. I do love how it turned out. :-)

• 2 months later...

I have a stash of patterns for bookmarks I keep meaning to make more of. What thread size did you use for this one ? Was it the no. 10 bedspread ?

Here's a couple of my thread bookmarks in order of making. The first was my very first one.

I'm going to give the finer thread a go (no.20) as the no. 10 is a little bit too bulky for the books.

broochbookmark014.jpg

BOOKMARK2004.jpg

broochbookmark009b.jpg

Archived