Plastic Bag Holders With Pattern Now

CrazeeMoi

These are truly recycled too! I crocheted these holders from plastic bags.

Here is one hanging on the door knob with bags in it.......

BagHolder.jpg

Here is the link showing some of them. In all I have made ummm 23 of them!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/CrazeeMoi/Bag%20Holders/

Prepare your bags. I use the loop to loop method for making my "plastic" yarn. Cut your regular grocery bags about an inch wide. Thicker plastic bags, cut about 1/2 inch, thinner bags, cut about 1 1/2 inches wide.

Size: Approximatley 6 inches wide and 15 inches long

Materials:

"Plastic" yarn

Size L hook

Plastic ring from a Gatorade bottle

Or any 2 inch ring will work

**NOTE**

I still have probs doing the handle.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Sc 24 times around the ring. Join.

Rnd 2: Ch 2, hdc in each sc arnd. Join.

Rnd 3: Ch 2, hdc in each hdc arnd. Join.

Continue with Rnd 3 until it measures

approximately 15 inches.

Handle:

Ch 1, hdc in next 8 hdc, ch 15, sc in the ch1, sc again

in the ch1, then hdc in each ch arnd. Sc into where you

started the chain. Sl st in hdc on bag part...not the handle.

End off. Weave in ends.

What a wonderful idea!! I am up to my eyeballs in plastic bag "yarn" and I've been having trouble deciding what I wanted to do with it all!! GREAT JOB!! I really liked the yellow one with the white flower...you'd never know it was made from bags! :yay

ps...is this your own pattern?

Cute! I like the yellow one with the white flower. I am currently making a plastic bag tote with plastic bags from one of Marlos' ? patterns. I ran out of blue WalMart bags, though. They switched them to white. So I am waiting for my mom to bring me all her blue bags from Florida in two weeks.:D (I'm making it for her, after all...) It is a little hard to work with, but I feel like I'm recycling all these bags, so I am doing a little for the earth. So are you, it looks like. :)

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

Yes ....this is my own pattern. Would I post it in the Original Patterns? It is really easy to do..........but.......I will have a tuff time explaining how I do the handles. Even after 23 bags, I still wing it! LOL I use a lot of diff bags...well, duh me..sorry.......you saw that. My daughters each had a newspaper route and when they quit, they gave me their bags. I use bags from tpaper, ummm pads, you could even use bags from frozen foods. I cut the store bags about an inch wide. If your bag is thin, cut it about one and a half inches. If its a thick plastic.....cut it about a half an inch. I wasnt sure whether to explain this now or do it when I post the pattern. Sorry, been a lurker for 6 months but just recently joined this great forum!!! Thank YOU all for the great compliments!!!! (I have sold one of them too)

I like the yellow one too! Funny, I went shopping the other day with the hunny and he asked me to make a plastic bag holder for all the extra bags!!.I was like ,"What"!?! You want me to crochet something for the kitchen!?!? OK!!!! :clap

Your bags are so cute!!

Bec

Great idea!! Lovely bags =) I made one for our kitchen out of regular yarn and had to make it twice as long as a normal holder because we have SO many bags lol. We save every bag we get that doesn't have a hole in it, to use as litter bags... needless to say we have lots... but they're all plain white. The only way I can recycle them is by giving my extras (when we have them lol) to the library and thrift shop. They appreciate them though, so I guess it works =)

I'm soooo glad you posted about your bags.

I have been wanting/needing one or some ;) but I couldn't bring myself to buy any. I never thought of using plactic bags to make one but I think it is a great idea :cheer I'll have to try that soon.

Barbara

Archived