Newbie Here from Canada

Ruthie629

Happy Easter Everyone: I Love to crochet, knit, and also gardening. I belong to several crochet groups. I am a yarn alcoholic, I always see and always want, I am sure a few of you can relate to me. I have a very bad habit and that is I cannot work on one project at a time, I always have to have 2 projects on the go at once. Family and friends just look at me and shake their heads. Right now I am working on an afghan and a little girls poncho and yes I do finish everything off, but again I am sure you all can relate to me.

Thank you

MakaNani

And Happy Easter to you also.

I too am a fellow Canadian and do enjoy this forum. I have been a browser but decided to join the discussions.

I thought I was the only one with the traits that you describe. Will have to show that to my hubby as he is sure I am the only one! I have been up in my "den of iniquity" for the past 2 days doing an inventory and straightening boxes out, etc. I will never live long enough to use all of the yarn in my stash not to mention materials and cross stitch, etc., etc.

Currently I am crocheting Poncho sweaters and knitting a shawl. I also belong to a quilting group and dabble in that also.

I am in Muskoka and we currently have quite a lot of snow on the ground and it will take a while for it to go hopefully as I do not want the flooding. The lakes are still frozen and look so beautiful as I sit here knitting or crocheting and looking out over.

So you see, you ARE not alone.

Happy Crafting

Readyfox

Hi ReadyFox, Thank you for your warm welcome. I live in Thunder Bay. I did live in Orillia for 1 year back in 1999 and moved back here. Muskoka area is beautiful, I could not handle the traffic, and I always felt claustraphobic, I needed my land space. Well as for the snow, we have had our share, but it is melting, spring is in the air. Chat later.

I'm from Winnipeg.

I spent a long weekend hiking around Thunder Bay once. It was really nice... except for the one hike that was too long, and had trouble making it back. ;) (I think I would have been fine had I worn my shoes like I wanted to, and not new hiking boots like my former boyfriend insisted.)

Hi and welcome! My name is Wendy and I'm a yarnaholic :lol I'm new here too but not to crochet :) (40+ years under my belt) I'm also from Canada...live near Montreal, Quebec. Wish I could only work on two projects at once...I must have at least 1/2 dozen in the works right now...sometimes have even more but that's because I design allot of my patterns and I need time to mull things over while I work...that's my story and I'm sticking with it :D Hope you'll like it here...folks are simply fabulous!

Happy Easter Everyone: I Love to crochet, knit, and also gardening. I belong to several crochet groups. I am a yarn alcoholic, I always see and always want, I am sure a few of you can relate to me. I have a very bad habit and that is I cannot work on one project at a time, I always have to have 2 projects on the go at once. Family and friends just look at me and shake their heads. Right now I am working on an afghan and a little girls poncho and yes I do finish everything off, but again I am sure you all can relate to me.

Thank you

MakaNani

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the welcome :) Where in Belgium are you? My DH worked in Waterloo last year...he loved it! Said it was a beautiful country and the people are fabulous.

:welcometo both of you! Looking forward to seeing what you are working on!

Cheers!

Archived