Solitaire

My new shoulder bag (image heavy)

Hello all .. I just finished a new shoulder bag for myself. My backpack finally gave up the ghost so to speak, so I needed something good sized to hold my stuff ... This was my first attempt at lining and putting a zipper into a bag. Good thing I know the advanced basics of sewing LOL. I used two skeins of Black Caron Pounder yarn, (with about half left), a J hook. I started with a basic oval the size I wanted and then used a HDC around to the height I wanted and finished off with two rows of basketweave stitch. To keep the handles from stretching, I crocheted them down the length. I still want to add a pocket on the outside, and have a graph charted, I just need to perfect my graph crochet technique, so it doesn't look like a mess LOL. Now .. on to the pictures.

th_000_0848.jpg The inside with all my junk

th_000_0847.jpg the lining fabric I LOVE IT!

th_000_0846.jpg Empty

th_000_0845.jpg Outside

Love the bag! Okay I'm not a fan of the lining, but it is interesting and if you like it, great. I like the handles too. You did a great job on it.

LOL I love the lining fabric so much I bought 4 yards :devil I have a love of most things gothic/dark/macabre. I know, I know, I'm 41 and insane :rofl :rofl

LOL I love the lining fabric so much I bought 4 yards :devil I have a love of most things gothic/dark/macabre. I know, I know, I'm 41 and insane :rofl :rofl

:roflYou're not insane. Just ignore the harry potter cal, I post too much there and I'm far from being a teen... I still like the lining on your bag, you did a good job (I can't sew:no so I'm always impressed by that).

Debbi

Nice bag...look great !!! Thanks for sharing!

Love the bag, and just love the lining fabric! You did a fantastic job!

Sally

wow tht a kool bag ! and the lining is ......interesting :)

Great bag. I love how you did the handles.

Great bag. I love how you did the handles.

Thanks ... I actually goofed making the handles .. they were a tad too long .. so I decided that I would attach them starting under the bottom of the bag .. extra support you know :lol

Copchic .. I loved the fabric so much I had to buy what was left on the bolt :devil I think it was a total of 4+yards .. I just LOVE Joann Fabrics and Alexander Henry Fabrics

:roflYou're not insane. Just ignore the harry potter cal, I post too much there and I'm far from being a teen... I still like the lining on your bag, you did a good job (I can't sew:no so I'm always impressed by that).

Debbi

OMG .. I just noticed you posted that ... there's a HARRY POTTER CAL??? HOw in the world did I miss that??? I'm a HUGE HP fan

I really like the lining too! Great bag!

great bag and I love the lining!:clap :clap

I really like the bag! And the way you attached the handles is practical and good-looking. The lining though is not one I would use.