Boy do I feel stooopid

Ok - I confess - Until the Willpower to walk away thread I had absolutely no idea Hancock Fabrics sold YARN! :think Well - - It just happens there is one on my way home (ok ok not exactly on my way - I go down 72nd and it's on 91st, but I have to cross the thru street it corners on:blush ). Naturally, the car turned North instead of continuing thru the intersection and I went in. There it was!!! :D A virgin (to me) yarn section. (sigh) All Lion Brand and DMC, but who cares!! Uncharted territory. What bliss. :c9 I only purchased a ball of #10 thread (it was a scouting expedition, not a hunting trip). At the register the cashier asked if I wanted to be put on the mailing list. Naturally I said yes . . . then she tried to tell me about the fabric and notions on sale, I just smiled and blurted out "I don't sew, but you guys really need to put out a sign that says you have yarn, I just found out today" and, naturally, she gave me a blank look.

I now have a new yarn supply :manyheart How lucky am I? A Hobby Lobby, a Joann's, a Michaels and a Hancock fabric within a 10 block area? (sigh - bliss) :c9

(is this pathetic?):yarn

(91st & Wadsworth)

Hmmmm I thought all of the Colorado Front Range Hancock stores went out of business. The two stores near my home in Littleton/Lakewood went under. So now you're telling me I can drive up to Westminster/Arvada? How DARE you!!!:lol

:blush Let me tell you whats pathetic, part of the reason we moved to the area we did is that there was a Michael's a CraftMart (similar to HL) a Target a Wal-Mart and a K-Mart with in a four block radius. Now the K-Mart is gone, the Michael's moved and :sigh CraftMart people retired. :eek How rude was that? So I too am very, very jealous

I hear ya'll ... my Hancock fabrics was within walking distance from my house and it went out of business last summer. *sigh*

Hehe, its so funny that you posted this, because just about 1 month ago I discovered they had yarn! :) Also, they have 50cent hooks, and $2 hook sets (like 5 hooks size I-Mish) from time to time. Yup. There is a lot of sewing type things... It would be neat to have a major craft store that sold only yarn, huh? (and hooks, and notions, and maybe totes to put projects in...) Like, Yarn-Mart or something like that, that was everywhere like Wal-Mart. :) Oh to dream...

Victoria

I'm so JEALOUS!!!!!!

It's not fair!!!

When they close the craft section in Walmart I'll have to drive 45 miles for my yarn :(

don't feel too bad if the walmart here stops selling yarn I'll have to drive 80 miles to buy yarn---I kid you not--I live in the boonies-:eek:cry :cry

LUCKY DUCK!!!! No Fair!!!!

When I shop for yarn, I mostly go to the nearest Walmart...30 minutes away! And then there is a yarn shop 20 minutes from my house, but all her yarn costs $5.00 or more per skein! Grrr.....:angry:D I really wish there was a hobby lobby in my area. I really wanna get those craft eyes that everyone has. But, alas, there are no hobby lobbys within reach..unless I drive 8 hours! Geez!

Isn't it amazing what you learn here at the 'Ville? I am sure glad I let someone else know about Hancock. And don't skip the notions department. I find lots of cute buttons and other things for projects at Hancock!

:manyheart

We have a local Hancock's but they stopped carrying yarn the week before I started crocheting again. The week before! The woman who manages that Hancock's is notoriously huffy, rude, and mean, so we never go in but maybe twice a year. My mom is a quilter - Hancock's ought to be her haven, but the manager makes the customers so uncomfortable.

A sad tale, but a true one.

~ Joy

Archived