Crochet instructions incorrect

Has anyone attempted to make this purse?

http://hautecrochet.com/designerpurse.htm

I bought the pattern and the yarn. However after crocheting the first two row, I read that rows 3 through 30 was a repeat of row 2 (increase one stitch at the beginning and end of the row). It states that there should be a certain number of stitches after row 30; however after doing the math, I figured there would be 18 stitches more than what they stated. :blush

I reviewed the pattern, checking if there was a misprint and there should be a different amount somewhere. I couldn't find anything.

Normally, I'd be able to figure out where their error would be and take it from there. However, I couldn't. :angry

I emailed the designer. She emailed me back and said she'd look into it. But that was two weeks ago. :emptymail

Now I'm stuck with a useless pattern and seven ball of sport weight yarn. (And I hardly ever use sport weight yarn):bang

Am I making sense? :think Does anyone have a solution? :help

Figure out the difference between the # on row 2 and the # on row 30, That'll tell you how many rows to increase on (eg. every 2nd or 3rd row). You can also try row 31 with the # they have and it with your #. Find out which is right. I hope they get back to you soon. I hate when they keep you waiting.

Ellie 13

:think I know you cannot post the pattern here but can you PM me more info on the pattern so I can have a go at sorting it for you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived