Tulip baby sweater kit and obsession enabling

stormyautumn

Has anyone else seen the Tulip baby Sweater from Dream In Color Yarns? I am obsessed!!

I first noticed it when the Yarn Harlot was talking about how she knit one from a kit. I saw the picture and just had to have one to make!!! Apparently by the time I found a shop with kits, everyone else had had the same idea and there were none left. I talked to my LYS and she said that Dream in Color is back ordered at least 4-6 weeks because of demand for the yarn for this sweater. Apparently every other knitter in America wants to make the tulip baby sweater.

Because I had already been craving and obsessing about this little amazing sweater for two weeks (that is a long time for me, I am more of an instant gratification person when it comes to buying my yarn!), I decided that I couldn't wait for a kit and would make one myself by going around to several shops and gathering the colors needed myself. This was not an easy, task since it requires 8 different colors ( actually I got lucky and only had to go to 2 LYS's, but that doesn't sound as interesting). But it was still a pretty expensive amount of yarn for one sweater and I would only need 1/4 of each skein.

So I guess I am going to make up kits with the rest to sell on ebay so that I won't have spent so much on it. That's better, right? I am not such a crazy yarn obsessive chick if I sell some of it to others who have the same need?! Right!?? I am actually helping others! I am doing a community service.

Well, if any of you NEED this kit, let me know, and I might be able to help you out!! We gotta support each other right!?

Stormy

Archived