Newbie from WA

JoviMom

Hi Everyone!

I have heard so much about this forum that I had to join you all!

I'm going to post my usual bio here:

I learned to crochet at age 7. Iwas taught by my Italian "

Nonna" (Grandmother) and learned all the stitch names in Italian! Since Nonna didn't know how to read patterns written in English, I had to teach myself.

I started my career as a designer in 1999. Up until that point I would follow patterns I bought in the store. If something didn't work out to my satisfaction, I would modify it. Then in December of 1998, I met Terry Kimbrough through one of the many crochet lists on the Internet. Terry, who has always been one of my favorite designers, encouraged me to try my hand at designing something. my first designs were Flower Dishcloths and to my amazement, Annie's Attic liked them! From that point my career took off!

My favorite items to design are Afghans. I works with both yarn and thread but I definitely prefer to work with yarn! Baby items and kitchen items are also favorites! Many of my ideas come from the things I see around me. Nature is one of my biggest triggers for new idea, but I love to browse the stores to see patterns and fabrics that also give me new ideas. Click here to see some of my Published Designs!

I have been married to David for almost 15 years and have 2 children, Tyler (8) and Cassandra (6). Although we now live in WA State, I am a born and bred California girl! I went to Carondelet High School in Concord, CA and Graduated from California State University, Chico with a Degree in Business Admin/Management Information Systems and a Computer Science Minor!

My other intersts include Running, Knitting, Reading anything by Nora Roberts or Sandra Brown, and if ny nickname didnt give it away already, I am a HUGE Card Carrying BON JOVI Fan!

Did I bore you all?:rofl

Hi Karen!

I live down in Centralia (just south of Olympia). Nice to see another Washingtonian on this board. I used to live up in Kenmore/Bothell. I'd go to Lynwood a lot for shopping.

Have you met Bonnie Pierce? She lives down in Vancouver and is also a published designer.

It's great to have you part of this discussion board!

~ Lori

:welcome :welcome to this board its a really nice place

I also have some patterns published by house of white birches

mine are doilys they are in crochet digest and in grandmothers favorite crochet.

have fun here

Gosh. Where do I know you from? hehehe You won't recognize my name ;) but I'm married to Mr. Retired. :D

learned all the stitch names in Italian!
Cool. All I can do is swear in Italian. :devil

Hi Karen!

I live down in Centralia (just south of Olympia). Nice to see another Washingtonian on this board. I used to live up in Kenmore/Bothell. I'd go to Lynwood a lot for shopping.

Have you met Bonnie Pierce? She lives down in Vancouver and is also a published designer.

It's great to have you part of this discussion board!

~ Lori

Hi Lori!

Yep I do know Bonnie from several other lists I am on! Funny you should mention Lynnwood, I am now teaching crochet classes at the Lynnwood Michaels!

Thanks for the welcome!

Gosh. Where do I know you from? hehehe You won't recognize my name ;) but I'm married to Mr. Retired. :D

Cool. All I can do is swear in Italian. :devil

Hehehe!:hug

I swear in Italian too! (It was my 1st language! :devil )

Welcome to the group Karen!! Where have you been all my life? I am a Bon Jovi fan too!!! :hug I can't wait to see your creations! I'm also a Northern California girl, Santa Rosa! Now I reside in Sydney, Australia.

Again, welcome.

Bec

wow, i was born in washington state, bremerton to be exact. we called my grandmother nonna too! where in wa are you at? when i go visit family there next, i want to go to the yarn shop on bainbridge island. i think it's churchmouse or something in the name. have you heard of it?

marlena (neenas3)

from texas:manyheart

wow, i was born in washington state, bremerton to be exact. we called my grandmother nonna too! where in wa are you at? when i go visit family there next, i want to go to the yarn shop on bainbridge island. i think it's churchmouse or something in the name. have you heard of it?

marlena (neenas3)

from texas:manyheart

Marlena! We live about 20 miles North of Seattle on I-5. I am actually a Transplant from California, so I am just learning all the stores, but I have heard of most of the stores in Seattle. I am going to have to search for the one on Bainbridge...

Welcome to the group Karen!! Where have you been all my life? I am a Bon Jovi fan too!!! :hug I can't wait to see your creations! I'm also a Northern California girl, Santa Rosa! Now I reside in Sydney, Australia.

Again, welcome.

Bec

We Bon Jovi fans need to stick together! I never thought to meet a fan who loves to crochet! :) And from Northern CA...:)

Archived