Crochet! vs. Crochet Today

charkitty

I definitely like crochet today better. I love everything in all of the issues I've seen, while crochet! usually only has a couple of patterns I like. The only thing is, crochet today is sometimes hard for me to find. I usually can't find it until it's been out for a couple of weeks.

That's a tough one. I like the clothing designs more in Crochet Today. Those are pieces that I'm more likely to make and wear, because they are more "classic" and less stuff with fun fur. However, I do like the variety of stuff with Crochet! Crochet Today tends towards afghans and wearables, which I love, but I also like the occasional thread or stuffed animal that Crochet! puts out.

As soon as I decide I like one better than the other the next issue comes out and I change my mind. I guess it just depends on the specific issue, not really the specific magazine for me.

With both magazines there will be some issues that I love over half the stuff in and then there are some issues that I can't find more than one thing I like.

I also love Inteweave Crochet when it comes to wearables!

I can't choose between the two. :no I really like them both. :yes I subscribe to both (and only those 2).

There has been a copy or so of Crochet Today where I didn't like a single thing but then I got my next issue in the mail yesterday and was thrilled!

Of the two, I prefer Crochet Today (which was at Barnes and Noble today when I stopped there to check). I have bought Crochet (using a coupon from AC Moore) but I find Crochet Today (at least for me), has more items I would make.

LI Roe

I purchased my first copy of the Crochet Today yesturday. I really enjoyed the designs. It gave me other ideals too.:lol I would say that crochet today is currently my favorite. I agree that Crochet! sometimes has things that are too hip and trendy for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Crochet today. Not only are their wearable classier (to me) but I thought I wasn't really interested in the non wearable until I started to pick up this mag. There've been a few times I've looked there when I need a gift. I agree, Crochet! is too trendy/hip (and I'm 23) for my tastes. There have only been one or two patterns in the last several issues that I've liked, and not enough to buy the mag.

Definitely Crochet Today!. I haven't been disappointed in an issue yet. As for the other magazine--maybe if I was more into fashion and was 20 years younger and a size "small" I'd be more interested, but I just hardly ever find anything of interest there, even with their non-wearables.

I don't like Crochet! at all since the redesign. Some of the wearables are OK, but they have definite sizist issues. Most of the patterns are made only for very thin women, which is completely out of step with actual crocheters. Like someone else said, they're trying too hard. They need to give their models a hot meal and hire a new graphic designer.

I would take my Crochet Todays with me on a desert island, but could live without my Crochet!s.

Like most Annie's Attic publications, lots of filler, one or two good patterns and it skews heavily to the "we're trying really hard to be trendy but have no idea what cool is" patterns or the "we're trying really hard to be homey but it comes across as just old and boring" patterns.

I prefer Crochet Today. I find the patterns are more practical for most people. Crochet! is nice, but they tend to concentrate more on the yarn than the designs. I think that was the problem with Crochet Fantasy. I liked Crochet from the Heart too.

I would like to see more realistic models wearing items. I know most people prefer to see them, but when it comes to making something, people get unrealistic views of what it'll look like on them.

Ken

I have every issue of Crochet!, I also have every issue of Crochet Today. I like them both, though I really can't say that I like one more than the other. I really liked Crochet Fantasy and out of those 3 have made more from the crochet fantasy magazines than the others. I am subscribing to the Interweave crochet magazine which I am really looking forward to receiving too.

Melissa

i have only bought one issue of Crochet! but a couple of Crochet Today. I only buy the mags when I want to make more than half of the stuff or i think that the articles are worth buying. I don't have a preference.....

I personally like Crochet Today, I buy it everytime it comes out and I just love the patterns (they are simple and fun patterns) and I like the helpful information I find there.

Crochet! magazine just doesn't seem appealing that much for me, because I normally crochet simple things and I find the patterns too elaborated for my taste.

Archived