Noahsmom

Groovy Psychedelic Backpack

Here is my very green backpack I finally finished! It took me forever to find the little things (closures). I love to use things in different ways. The bag was crocheted with nylon cord, the straps and decorations were originally part of a bead curtain. :D I know it's not for everyone, but I'm very pleased with it and have had lots of compliments on it (well I took them as compliments anyway. :yes ) What do you think?

Now where did I put those white patent thigh high boots........... :eek

Images are clickable

th_CrochetSkirt111.jpg

th_CrochetSkirt112.jpg

th_CrochetSkirt115.jpg

th_CrochetSkirt113.jpg

Oh my gosh!! I am loving this backpack! One question though, don't the straps hurt when the pack is full?

Oh my gosh!! I am loving this backpack! One question though, don't the straps hurt when the pack is full?

I was wondering that as well but the disks are flat and smooth (not bumpy like beads) so they lie flat against your arms and they don't hurt at all! I don't even notice them being any different than any other strap. I do have really long hair though (past my waist) and my hair has been tangled in them a little but it gets tangled in my earrings too so that's nothing new.

Now I'm wondering what to do with the rest of them! :think I got a big box full of the bead panels at a garage sale for $1, I used less than one string. :hook

Groovy man!! That is a really cool looking bag:clap !! I love the green nylon cord that you used:cheer !! Awesome job!! Is this your own pattern:hook ????

I totally LOVE the backback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Groovy. awesom, way cool!!! etc.

My personal tast - I think the embellishments are a bit much but they still look cool (I just wouildn't use them but I TOTALLY would use taat AWESOME Backpack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a pattern you can share?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very groovy and kewl bag.. love it love it!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:manyheart

I love it! I'm a flower child myself so that is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

That is one cool bag. Hey the straps look like the beads I use to have handing on my closet instead of a door. Boy am I showing my age.:hook

That is one cool bag. Hey the straps look like the beads I use to have handing on my closet instead of a door. Boy am I showing my age.:hook

It may be the same ones!! I got them at a garage sale and they said it was a bead curtain! :D

The pattern for the backpack is HERE . It is called the Berry Bobbles Backpack. I made mine shorter and didn't use the closures or straps like the pattern and I used nylon cord rather than cotton yarn. :yay

Now I'm wondering what to do with the rest of them! :think I got a big box full of the bead panels at a garage sale for $1, I used less than one string. :hook

Make back-pack making kits to donate to the auction!

That is very nice!

Make back-pack making kits to donate to the auction!

This sounds interesting, tell me more!

Groov-alicious! I love it! Where di you find the round disk you used?

Very cool! A+ for creativity.

I totally love it! :cheer