teapot hook! & BEE, teddy, sponge bob - OH MY!!

I'm so upset. I had the only bid on the teapot hook and just received an email from Ebay stating they had to pull the auction due to

"Please be aware that auction: 8180419727 - WHiMSiCal Crochet Hook/Hooks J TeaTime

in which you were a bidding participant, has been ended early by eBay for violating one or more of our listing guidelines."

And the auction should have ended soon too with me being the only bidder. GRRRRRRRR! :bang

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Invalid Item

This listing (8180419727) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs."

This is what it says when you now click on the link. :bang

Don't know what happened but if anyone else has any bids or whatever, maybe they should be careful as well. :cry

Wonder what happened :think That's really weird of course I've never bought anything off ebay hubby has and he's sold alot of motorcycle parts. I betcha if you put a pic on your wishlist someone will make you 1 :hook

Rebecca...the one you are looking at is a new listing. The auction I was bidding on was supposed to have ended tomorrow. The sucky part is that Ebay didn't really say why they terminated the auction. They also said in a replied email to me (I emailed them and asked them explain themselves and they wrote back "Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction. Since this is a listing violation, the seller is free to relist the item in the proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is relisted."

I see their other listings didn't get terminated and now they have the teapot relisted with a new end date.

diamond - i found out what happened! because she had a link to another auction site on her page, they yanked it.... because they pulled the whole thing, she had no way of contacting you... i hope this helps. she truly is a nice lady. and her hooks are definately worth the $5-8.

Thanx Rebecca....now to go to Ebay to see if she still has some!! :ty

Thanx Alisha!

And if the person I outbid is a part of Crochetville, I'm very sorry I outbid you. I didn't recognize the name on Ebay. It's the only reason I decided to outbid you. Plus, the auction was ending in less than a half hour after I read the post as to the reason Ebay ended my original bid. I had to make a quick decision. Sorry again if you are here :knit

Alright, alright, Alisha! No more guilt from me. I'm ecstatic! I'm getting the teapot hook. :cheer And I just got a really nice letter from Jackie (JBArtisans) letting me know she knew of my previous bid that Ebay cancelled and that Rebecca had let her know that it was me. So, thank you, Rebecca for speaking to Jackie on my behalf. I WON!! :cheer

Jackie is in South Florida, too. I could almost drive up there & pick up my hook!!

oh yay! i'm glad you are getting it! i felt so bad, gushing about the great hooks and then *zip - the auction disappears without a word.... i was thinking... all of em i've bought from her have been delivered just fine - what's going on... so i wanted to figure things out :)

anyhow, i'm glad it has worked out and yes, it is webidz that has so many more of her hooks. and because it is realatively unknown, you can get things cheaper - not as many people bidding.

Yes her hooks are to cute, I have gotten a few for my buddies here at CV :0) I have also ordered me a few with kitties on them, they are great to use and not uncomfortable in the less.

adding another thought - i happen to know that our very own Alisha does amazing work with the hooks she's making.... perhaps she'd be willing for those special orders???.... give 'ol whimisical artisans a run for their money?????

I never knew you made these, too, Alisha. Do you have them on a website? I checked your blog and I didn't see any. I would be more than happy to buy things like this from other Crochetvillagers than an unknown. :hook

Diamond I haven't real made alot of them just trying my hand at some. My website doesn't allow selling so can't really put them on there. I don't know We'll see what happens.I dont think mine are as good as the people you bought yours from.I am trying though.

Diamond I haven't real made alot of them just trying my hand at some. My website doesn't allow selling so can't really put them on there. I don't know We'll see what happens.I dont think mine are as good as the people you bought yours from.I am trying though.

I've got the polymer clay and all the stuff that goes with it and I hope to find time to make some myself. However, spring has sprung, and being in Miami Beach, means family is starting to come down for vacations. They begin their vacations starting next week, when 1 sister leaves, I have a couple days to recoup, then another comes down with her family. And it's only April. Only time I get a real break in the summer is in July when I head to the Keys for a month. My stash goes with me of course. :hook

Alisha!!! whatever!!! your's are every bit as good!!! they are very different, but equally beautiful in craftsmanship :yes

i ADORE my hook from you!!!! LOVE it!! it made my heart sing! i am also very much in love with my other hook.

love, love, love

Alright, Alisha, you need to at least post some pictures on your blog for us to judge for ourselves. I tend to think Rebecca knows what she is talking about and think your hooks are just as nice as anyone elses'. :hook

Ok after much stress not getting a good pic and hubby telling me oh you're too close GRRR still not the best pic but I'm giving up for now.Here's a few no laughing Please :lol

smhooks.JPG

Archived