63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

Thanks everyone. I showed my hubby the picture in the book and told him the measurements and his first question was "who was this one for?" I had to laugh when I told him I'm being stingy and keeping this one all to myself :lol I think I figured out what my most challenging part will be though, it's getting all the squares the same size :blush LOL

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty, Christal :c9

Donna- The size issue was the biggest one for almost everyone who worked on this -- If you just change the edging a little, it usually helps . Sometimes, you may need to use a different sized hook if the square turns out a lot smaller or bigger than it's supposed to, but if it's just a little bit off, then you can do 2 rounds of sc instead of one, or use a hdc border .

I'm so excited, I'm halfway through square 61, the light is at the end of the tunnel!!!

How long on average does it take to join the squares together?

------------

I think that'll depend on the method you use. When I made this, I whipstitched all the squares together, and it took about a week of an hour or two a night. Some folks do a SC to join the squares together, and that will go a lot faster, but leave a ridge. I don't know if the Dudesembly method would work or not for this ghan, but can't hurt to check it out (https://www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php).

• 2 weeks later...

Holy old thread Batman.......Anyway, I saw the thread for the 200 patterns, and then I saw the thread for the 63 MORE patterns, so I said to myself "Self, there has got to be a CAL for the original." Sure enough, here it is......So I'm on block 5 ......Just wondering if anyone else is still working on this too.......Do I still need to fill out the entry form?

Well, the join form is a dead link, so I guess that answers that question. Ok, I have a sweater to finish and a few premie hats to make this afternoon before I can work on some more squares, so I must get off the forum (BOOOO:no )and get to work.

q8, the pattern book isn't free, but you should be able to pick it up for a few dollars from WalMart. I bought it from eBay - you could try there if you don't have a WalMart near you. Good luck finding it! It's well worth hunting it down :)

Try one of 3 places:

hershners.com

Joanns.com

hobbylobby.com

Hershners as 63 more squares and the 63 cable stitches book too! (Can you guess what I am playing with?).

Laura

www.leisurearts.com They are the ones who put the book out - you should be able to find a way for them to ship it to you.

http://www.leisurearts.com/all_skills/crochet/default.asp?display=detail&item_num=555&sort=title&page=2&rec_num=10&from=BK&startRec=10

This is the direct link to the book.

And I was also able to find it on amazon here in the states (not sure if that would be different for you?!)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-5170316-8206210?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=63+Easy-To-Crochet+Pattern+Stitches+&Go.x=4&Go.y=5

Archived