63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.............I'll pick up that Leisure Arts book. I'd love to join the group but it takes me so long to do one thing, you'll be old waiting for me to finish!

Wow the carousel picture is fabulous!! :woo

unfortunately I'm on a deadline, this is a christmas present for my Grandmother and do to convenience for quite a few members of the family, we celebrate christmas the weekend before (the 16th).

I think this would be a great stitch if i had more time. I ended up using

the Carousel square from priscillascrochet.com, I like this square so much, I might end up doing a whole blanket of them for my hubby.

Happy Hooking!:hook

p.s. this is the carousel square, that I finished on lunch: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/mslilypond/carouselsquare-1.jpg

Those colors are so beautiful, June. Well done!

I have finished my afghan! :yay Woohoo! I got there in the end and I'm very pleased with the result. I modified a couple of the squares (especially #53 - I thought it looked too crowded with the puffs so close together, so I did every other puff) but I've essentially stuck to the pattern and I placed all the squares in the same order as in the book.

I was going to do a scalloped edging, but ran out of yarn 2/3 around the edge so I went with a simple reverse sc border. I like it - it keeps the corners square and gives a bit more support to the floppier squares.

To everyone who is still going with this - keep at it! It's a fantastic feeling when it finally all comes together and you can look at this amazing afghan and say "I made this" :)

Please take a look at my finished afghan and let me know what you think: http://www.planetjune.com/blog/?p=33

Thanks!

June

andrea2006: I used Bernat Berella 4 in Medium Country Blue, Soft Teal and True Mauve, and edged in Navy. I think Soft Teal and True Mauve may have been discontinued - I bought those two colours 2 years ago (yes, that's how long it took me to get this finished!).

Thank you all for your kind words - I'm so pleased with my finished afghan :)

(Pics here if you missed it before and are curious!)

could you guys help me out, I posted in the stitch help sub forum

about square 45 the Crossed ripple stitch, could you take a look and see if you have any advice.

Much thanks,

Michelle

-----------

Michelle, I'll take a look at this tonight and see if I can answer your question. I know I made all these squares a while back, so I was able at some point to figure it out...

mslilly- what problem are you having with it?

I progressed through the first four rows nicely, then the pattern says to repeat rows 3 & 4 for pattern, repeating row 3 is not a problem

but when I get to the first repeat of row 4, I'm lost, it says to work a FPdc around post of first dc of Cross St 2 rows below, how do I do that

if I'm not repeating row 2, which is where the cross stitch is made?

Am I just making this harder on myself than it needs to be:P progress.gif

I progressed through the first four rows nicely, then the pattern says to repeat rows 3 & 4 for pattern, repeating row 3 is not a problem

but when I get to the first repeat of row 4, I'm lost, it says to work a FPdc around post of first dc of Cross St 2 rows below, how do I do that

-------------

Now I'll really have to take a look at this when I get home, you've got me intrigued. Is row 4 also a cross stitch pattern? That's the only way what you've written makes sense to me (it would be similar to row 2 in appearance). Basically (from what you've written), the row 4 repeat has you doing a FPDc around a stitch that is also a row 4 repeat, so since you aren't repeating row 2, it would follow that row 4 would be a similar pattern to row 2.

------------

Okay, I worked up a little swatch of this last night (I didn't bring it with me, but I kind of remember it). Basically, row 4 is a modified version of row 2. You are making a modified cross stitch on row 4 (with part of it being a FPDc, and part of it hidden behind the FPDc).

What you need to do for the row 4 repeat is do the FPDc round the "hidden" DC of the cross stitch 2 rows below (the one that is behind the other FPDc). I think that's right. Anyway, you end up snagging that stitch with the FPDd, and it makes that nice effect from the picture.

I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know, and I'll work up another swatch and bring it to work tomorrow to see if I can explain it better.

I just got this book from a wonderful elf. So I am going to fill out the form to join. I even went through my yarn and found I have two of the colors. I just need more of those two and the rose colored one too. Luckily I have the no dye lot yarn so I just have to worry about color names. I can't wait to get started on this.

I clicked on the link in the first page to fill out the join form and it's not available. Is there another link? Do we still need to fill out the form? I'd like to snag the button for my blog too.

Thanks angelfire. I'm excited about joining this CAL. I've been eyeballing the book for a couple months now.

I'm using a slight variation of all three colors. I really like those colors. Although I may change the rose to a lavendar. I'm going to try to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see what colors they have. I am using aran and light sage so far. I've had the sage for a long time and I think it's perfect for this.

Hi Donna

I 'm not sure, but someone said a ways back that the join form wasn't working. I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join in . I haven't kept track of how many are still working on this, but I'll bet there are some out there that are, or will be . This has been a very long-running and popular CAL .

Good luck and let us know what 3rd color you pick .:)

Well I went to Walmart this morning and here is my color scheme, aran, light sage and orchid. Here is a picture of the colors together and I finished the first square so I have added a picture of that. Please don't mind the diaper pin.

:blush:lol LOL I use them as safety pins and I have no stitch markers.

yarncolors.jpg

square1.jpg

Archived