Donna

63 Squares Crochet Along

aww thanks tiff -- yes that is me
Shall I count you in then, morici? :)

Guest morici

you can count me in -- but i don't guarantee that i'll finish anytime soon :rolleyes

That's okay. I'm being quite the snail myself. :b

I borrowed the book from a friend. I want to follow along on your journey...and I plan to attempt a square or two. :)

Margaret

Sounds great, Margaret! :Y

I haven't introduced myself formally, but I wanted to post that I'm joining you! I don't expect this pace to continue, but I have finished the first 2 squares in 2 days. I'm using 5 colors instead of 3, and hopefully you can see them on the web page I made for this project 63 Squares Afghan.

I'm so glad I found this crochet along!

Hey, Melissa! Thanks for joining and posting. :-) I believe, if I am not incorrect, that you have the first finished squares of the group! :clap

Guest morici

i still haven't received my booklet.

i don't know what colors i'm going to use. i'm thinking of doing it in white so that the stitches can be put on display.

I know what you mean. With white/off-white the stitches show so well.

I agree! That was my conundrum when going to look for yarn - all of the ombres and fancy yarns looked so pretty. But I knew that the patterns would be so totally lost with those yarns.

This is a lot of fun already. :) I finished up #3 last night. Of course, these are the easy squares so far. ;)

I hope you get your book soon, morici!

Melissa

Hi all!

Thanks to Melissa's blog entry I've found you working on this wonderful project! I started mine last year and have about a dozen squares completed in a purple/blue/variegated combination.

I'd like to add the button to my blog (annettesacre.blogspot.com) and to my website (Annette's Acre) if that's ok :)

I started when 2 of my co-workers lured me into the fray with their versions (we're all about that far along...:lol )

Hi, Annette! I'm so glad to have you join us!! :clap

Yes, please do add the button to your blog. I will add you to the list of crochet-along-ers. Love your blog format, simple and so very pretty.

Hi Amber - We live at Brown/Greenfield, kind of north-central Mesa. Previously we were at Southern/Gilbert, just north of the freeway from Gilbert proper :)

I pulled out my afghan last night and found I've been *much* more productive than I thought :lol I started square #20! Most don't have the second edging on most of them, I'll go back and add it later.

Here's a sample of the squares (picture is on the green side...)

afghan.jpg

Ohh! Looks like my good friend Ocean there, I love that color!

Lovely squares, Annette! :Y

Very, very pretty! Good for you, they're gorgeous. I love your colors.

Oooh, I love the colors you're using! If I didnt have so much on my plate already, I would have joined you all in the 63 squares crochetalong...but I have 2 afghans in progress right now as it is :P And a square swap Im involved in.

It looks like it's going to turn out to be quite a lovely ghan!!

Chelle

Great work, Vera! Lovely! :clap

My first three squares. Haven't blocked them. The little tie at the bottom of each is my marker for right side. I'm using Patons Decor coralberry, pale coralberry, and aran.

63squares_01_sc.jpg63squares_02_hdc.jpg63squares_03_dc.jpg

Very pretty! And it makes me wonder why I'm in here rather than stitching. I have to finish the baby afghan before I can start!!! Grrrrrr...

Very pretty Donna. I do love those colors!

Thank you! :)