knit from your stash kal

q8_crochet

Hehe, it will be folded, so argueably, it's 501 stitches each side as it 's done in rounds, not back and forth. That's my arguement. :P

To be honest, I have too much scrap yarn. I thought this project will eat up a lot of yarns. So many of them are not long enough for 3SUB afghans. It will be easy to have no woven ends as I dont need to do it. Hope it works out for well.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy everybody, I can't sleep - so I did the invisible cast-on. I discovered that circular needles with 60" long cable is not long enough for 1,002 stitches. Based on the pattern's gauge, I decide to cut it in about half and go with 578 stitches. That's a thing I can live with it as I am aiming for california king size blanket - 72" x 84" (6 ft. x 7 ft.).

Tomorrow, I will start the first row with new yarn. How's everybody doing with their scrap stash ?

*sighs* Did second attempt on this monster project. Ended up with twisted rows for 602 stitches. I am not sure if I should try again, or try different pattern. Any suggestions ?

I just need some kind of easy candy where I can sit and watch tv with no worries.

hi all sorry ive not been around still making what i said also making bedspread out of squares also but just havent had much time as up down hospital will be away again from 12th oct as thats my date im having my operation but will pop back as soon as i can how is everyone else doing

Count me in on this. Currently I'm working on a blanket based on the Mu Shu Pattern. I did change it somewhat, since I didn't have that kind of yarn. Just started grabbing yarn out of my stash and used Size 7 needles. It's turning into a great patchwork blanket. 10 squares wide, and I'm only on row 4 right now. So don't know how long it will be yet.

If anyone wants to try this blanket, then may I suggest using circular needles? Started this with straight needles, and it was hurting my wrist, plus stretching it out too much.

Archived