knit from your stash kal

q8_crochet

Hello ladeis

as for both knitters and crocheters we always have stashes to dig in loooool :lol

so this thread is for you to use these stashes without thinking just close your eyes pick any ball of yarn and start knitting if it finished before your project is done re close your eyes and pick another one and complete knitting:blush :think:eek

you can make shawls scarves socks pot holders dishcloths and mooooooore :yay

come on it`s gonna be a lot of fun:hook

so who is in :cheer:clap

About a month ago, I purchased a knitting kit for a shawl/capelet at my local Goodwill that included needles, yarn, beads and a how-to-knit DVD. This will be my 2nd attempt to knit a FO. It's really not in the colors I would like but for $4.00 I thought it was a great deal to practice my knitting.

It came with it's own yarn so, does this qualify as my "stash"?

• 2 weeks later...

Athba - I plan to do a monster huge scrap knitting blanket based on this pattern.

The Mindless Knitting, TV Watching, Scrap User-Upper Afghan

http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/scrap-afghan.htm

I want to see if Sky CAL allowed it for the TV Tuesday night before I can attempt it. If not, I will try to do 3 strand 'ugly' afghan instead. I will let you know soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in. I'm currently knitting a dishcloth from my leftover stash, should be done today. Only problem is my camera is broke.

• 1 month later...

Is this KAL active? :(

I gathered pretty all of scrap yarns from all over the place, all placed inside a 40 gallon garbage bag. It is nearby full. I am ready to attack the monster. :P

Athba, where are you ? We missed you!

just completed a purple sleeveless jumpsuit and variagated jacket...will make a skirt to go with it. This is Barbie size. Much of my stash is sock weight yarn as my favorite brand, Sox by Bernat, got discontinued and this is the only time I bought in bulk. I seem to be finishing at least 2 items per week....finishing as in....I may still have snaps and seams to take care of.

Will you share the pics ? I decide to wait on the monster project for few weeks. I don't realize that I have several friends' birthdays coming up and they expected handmade gifts. Ick! Meanwhile, I could take a picture of the garbage bag where I stored all the scrap yarns...

This sounds interesting! I'm still debating on what to knit that won't bore me before I finish. I have a pretty short attention span and I knit sllllllooooowwww, so it's not a good combination. Although, I really want to learn to be faster.

Nicole - Yes, I am doing it in rounds. I might go koozy and try 1,002 stitches on it. (500 stitches per side, and 2 extra stitches to make a 'folding' line)From what I can figure out based on the gauge, It will be close to 9- 10 feet, side to side. I am considering to make it lengthwise, instead of widthwise as the pattern suggested. Possibily, I will do the invisible seaming and add I-cord edges. I will see how it goes with my scrap stash.

Am I nutters doing it this way? :devil

This project will have NO deadlines, just something for me to work on while I watch tv. Recently, I got netflix and also a DVR set up soon this week. *grins* A girl need to be prepared for all the knitting time in front of tv.

sweetangel - I will love to see your work. I tried ripples in crochet, but not in knit. It will be fun, I bet. :)

*grins* I will go ahead and try 1,002 stitches. I will do few rows and see how big it is. If so, I will go down to 752 or 502 stitches. I like to make a king size blanket that I can use for winter, outdoors events or a rug.

I will do it after I come back from Colorado Springs this weekend.

Archived