wearables cal

q8_crochet

hello ladeis

i can`t say i`m an experieneced knitter but i can say that i would love to make a highneck pullover

one for me and one for hubby :hook

so any knitter wants to knit any wearable she is welcome :clap:hug

i wish this cal will be full of membres:yay

please be in touch to our projects :manyheart:blush

happy knitting ladeis

Well, I finished the front last night, and started on the back. You only have to shape the bottom, and then it's a straight shot up to the neckline. I'm sick today and staying home from work, so I might get a little done on it. Will post photo later of the finished front. Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finished my knit tank top the other night. It's too big, and I am hoping I could get it to shrink even though it's made from Cotton Ease and thus is a cotton blend, and not straight cotton. For some reason, although my number of stitches was completely in tune with the decreasing on the shoulder straps, they ended up 4 stitches wider than the pattern said it should be. So the straps are too wide for my shoulders. I'll try to get a photo of it anyway, even if it doesn't fit so well. The good news is that means next time I make this tank, I can use the directions for the small size. I haven't been a small in years! :P

Patty

• 2 months later...

I'm currently knitting a sweater in the round (my favorite kind) from the bottom up, so I'd love to join. I'm using the pattern out of the Ann Budd book -- I think it's called Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, or something like that.

Right now, I've just joined the sleeves to the body and am struggling around where the arms are. Ann Budd, for some reason, has one use a smaller amount of stitches for the underarms than the usual EZ method, so every time I get to the sleeve part, I'm straining to work around them without stretching out the armpit stitches too much. The whole thing has triggered my tendonitis, which is a pain (literally and figuratively).

Well, I've finally got past the straining part, and am now working on the "V" portion of the V neck sweater. So far, it's looking good. I have to have it done by the end of October, so I'm sort of trying to hurry without getting sloppy and making mistakes.

Archived