more of a Thank You/ Friendship ghan Afghan Shipped

crochetluvknot

It's gorgeous, Dawn.:cheer Great squares, everyone.:clap Are they already assembled? If so, it looks invisible! Man, that's a little bit more than 5 feet x 6 feet!

Don't guess you've received mine yet, huh? :( There are 2 of them...one solid sky blue and the other sky blue and white.

Try standing on the top of a ladder and taking a pic from up above the ghan. :lol :lol Might work, who knows? Might be able to see the back squares better.

:manyheart:hug

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loopy1 i got your squares today they are very nice actually there is no black its a dark burgandy color lol i will use a differant camera for the next picture it will probably be 6x6 when all done so far yes they are all joined together

Loopy1 i got your squares today they are very nice actually there is no black its a dark burgandy color lol i will use a differant camera for the next picture it will probably be 6x6 when all done so far yes they are all joined together

Cool! Glad you got 'em. I didn't say "black" :lol...I said the squares in the "back":lol would be more visible.:lol Silly!

• 2 weeks later...
It's been over a week since any posts here. How's the ghan coming, Dawn? Do you need more squares?

no i dont need any more squares but thanks for asking my computer went down so i am on my husbands laptop right now i need to join a couple more squares and put an edge on it and it will be good to go out i hope to be up and running on the computer in a couple days and get more pictures posted sorry its taking a bit longer than i wanted it to :hugs all

no i dont need any more squares but thanks for asking my computer went down so i am on my husbands laptop right now i need to join a couple more squares and put an edge on it and it will be good to go out i hope to be up and running on the computer in a couple days and get more pictures posted sorry its taking a bit longer than i wanted it to :hugs all

I don't believe an apology is needed here. You got a great idea:hook:yarn and acted on it and I just can't wait until this friend gets surprised! :cheer:clap Won't it be fun? :yay:yes

:hugs to you, Dawn!

Our afghan has been shipped out yay i dont have access to my camera since its on the computer that went down but its on its way to our friend hope she likes it the finished size is 5x7 feet so plenty big enough for the cold nights Thank You all so much who participated in this with me it was a special afghan for a special person :hugs to all Dawn

Tampa Doll ....Mary Jo has received the package. She will respond as soon as I revive her..:faint ...lol... I’ll be taking pictures as soon as she comes awake and I can pry her arms from the Gahn....:bheart ....you girls have over whelmed her and made my day also...thank you :hug

Tampa Doll ....Mary Jo has received the package. She will respond as soon as I revive her..:faint ...lol... I’ll be taking pictures as soon as she comes awake and I can pry her arms from the Gahn....:bheart ....you girls have over whelmed her and made my day also...thank you :hug

Awww, you both deserve it. We love both you and Mary Jo and know that you do so much to help her. Behind every talented female crocheter is an excellent supporter of her talent and achievements.

I don't know what I would do without the support of my DH...all the compliments and praises he says about my work, the help he gives me with choosing colors since I have a color vision deficiency, his photographic talents, and many other things he does. He'll even go shopping at Hobby Lobby for me when I can't.

But that's too much said about us. I'm so glad Dawn came up with this idea and I was able to participate. Mary Jo was one of the first members I "met" and she was so friendly and helpful to me. And still, she is always right there to lend her helping hand when someone needs it. We all appreciate both of you very much!

Enjoy the ghan...together! :hug:hug:hug

:manyheart

Awww, you both deserve it. We love both you and Mary Jo and know that you do so much to help her. Behind every talented female crocheter is an excellent supporter of her talent and achievements.

I'm so glad Dawn came up with this idea and I was able to participate. Mary Jo was one of the first members I "met" and she was so friendly and helpful to me. And still, she is always right there to lend her helping hand when someone needs it. We all appreciate both of you very much!

Enjoy the ghan...together! :hug:hug:hug

Ditto what Loopy said, I welcomed the opportunity to say Thank you for all your help and warm wishes...:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Gosh it was hard keeping a secret.... I kept wanting to tell.... I'm just taht way with secrets you know..... does she react to chocolate??/ Perhaps waving a hershey bar under her nose will do the trick...it works for me:P

Mary Jo is taking a nap, as she is tired out from all the jumping up and down and posing for pictures. She will post her reaction, comments, and more pictures in the Other Crochet Topics.... tomorrow or Monday when she has gathers her thoughts for more to see.

Tampa Doll's post

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59320

I just finished with the pictures and thought you girls would like to see them here right away........Thanks for your thoughtfulness’

4x3TampaDollinChair.gif

4x3QueenBedsize.gif

th_row1.gif... th_row2.gif... th_row3.gif(clickable)

th_row4.gif... th_row5.gif... th_row6.gif(clickable)

th_row7.gif(clickable)

yay im so glad it made it to you safe and sound i am no good at keeping secrets either but since it was my idea to do this i guess i really had to try hard every one was more than willing to send a square to me when i told them who it was for after all she does for us here it was least we could do for her :hugs to you both and enjoy the ghan with :hugs from all of us here at the ville Thank You to both of you for doing what you do.

I love how all of the squares turned out they all look great together we did a great job on this one ladies thanks very much to all for helping me get it together my new initials are CLN lol. almost sounds like a news channel

Great assembly job Dawn! Thanks for getting this all together~ I hope Tampa Doll loves her thank you afghan! cause we all sure love her!

I couldnt have done it without all of you who joined me and i couldnt agree more we surely love our Tampa Doll/ and Guy to

Archived