UPDATE:PIC squares for 15 year old who just lost her 13 ye

Hi All.

Was wondering if anyone has any extra squares that they can donate. My friend's 13 year old daughter and his ex-wife were killed in a senseless car accident on Sunday. They were stopped at the construction zone on the highway and a tractor-trailer ran into them and basically crushed them and they burned beyond recognition. The whole family is having a hard time accepting this (and so am I). Would like to make a comfortghan for Allison as her and her sister were very close and she is devastated. If there are any extra squares left over then I will start a comfortghan for other family members.

Thank you so much for considering this.

You can PM me or e-mail me.

Thanks in advance.

Terri

**Sorry I goofed on the title. I tried to fix the title but can't. I am typing this in between crying.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What size? I have some extra prayer squares in 6"? will that work??

I am so sorry, we were sitting at a construction stop the other day and I keep checking to make sure the trucks were going to stop...they were coming downhill and I wasn't sure they seen us in the shade....scary !!!

Can you give us guidelines on what colors, sizes you'd like?

I would imagine you'd like it in acrylic so it can be easily washed?

I understand being distraught. I'm amazed you could even type the post.

I could probably help out with this. What size squares? Any particular colors? PM me your address.

I can help with a square as well as soon as you give us the particulars of what you want.

To change the title, you have to be logged in. Then go to edit, then go to advanced edit. You can fix it from there.

Thanks for all the response. I'm only on for a few minutes right now so I will get back to everyone tonight.

As far as colors, anything goes. As far as what size, I'm sure that any size will work as I can always add a few rows around the smaller ones if I need to.

Found out this morning that the funeral will be Friday at 10:00 am.

Thank you everyone.

Thank you all again!

I think that I PM'd all of you with the info. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

You are all great!

I will post pics of the finished "ghan (or ghans).

I truly appreciate all of your kindness and I know that the family will also.

Terri, I just put 4 - 6" mixed colors squares in an envelope to you, they will go out tomorrow.......Again I am so sorry for your friends...so sad!!

Prayers to all....

Thank you everyone! This truly does mean a lot to me and it will mean a lot to the family. The 2 hardest days are coming up for the family. They are having a "calling hour" from 6-8 pm tomorrow night and then the services are being held on Friday at 10 am.

Thank you all for sending squares, sympathies, and prayers. I will be sending your thoughts and prayers along to the family.

Life is too short and I know that I have been showering my 6 year old son with extra hugs, kisses, and I Love You's the past few days. You never know when it is your time to go.

Just checking to see if mine arrived?? Can't remember which day I sent them, but they should show up soon....

Are you getting enough? let me know if you need more.

Archived