SnB:HH one-skein scarf

Cornsilk

Well, I just finished my first major project, and it took me only four days to finish. My sister loaned me her SnB:HH book, and I made the one-skein scarf!

Kinda surprised by how it turned out. I had never done shells before, so the border was kinda tricky. But after I got the hang of it, I was doing really well. I even did one of the foundation rows less than an hour because I couldn't sleep one night and I was trying to tire myself out.

We took a picture of me and my sister in our scarves 'cause she did one too, but we can't find the cable that connects the digital camera to the computer...

UPDATE:

scarves.jpg

Well, we finally got the picture up! Okay, this is me and Joy together with the scarves we made. I cut out our faces on purpose; you can never be too careful. Okay, I'm the one on the right with the pink shirt.

Well, I just finished my first major project, and it took me only four days to finish. My sister loaned me her SnB:HH book, and I made the one-skein scarf!

Kinda surprised by how it turned out. I had never done shells before, so the border was kinda tricky. But after I got the hang of it, I was doing really well. I even did one of the foundation rows less than an hour because I couldn't sleep one night and I was trying to tire myself out.

We took a picture of me and my sister in our scarves 'cause she did one too, but we can't find the cable that connects the digital camera to the computer...

~ Cornsilk

This is one of my favorite patterns!! I've already done 2 of these and I can tell this is what I'll be doing for Christmas presents. Can't wait to see a pic of yours!! What kind of yarn did you use?

I have the SNB book, but cannot place my brain onto the pattern you are talking about. Now I will have to check it out when I get home. Please Please post pic as soon as you can. Thinking this might be a good pattern to use for my charity group. One of the causes we support is the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD. I am working on making scarves for next winter.

Congrats on finishing your first project! Any ideas of what you are going to work on next?

jana

Wow! That is great!!:cheer Can't wait to see the picture! Our camera cord goes missing on a regular basis...it just kinda gets stuck in the strangest places. You will probably find it while searching for something else...that is what always happens to me! I look forward to seeing your scarf!:manyheart

Hello everyone, I love that pattern for the one skein scarf, I've made two of them and I'm going to be making more for Christmas presents. I love that multi colored yarn you used.

I made a one skein scarf as my first "pattern only" piece. (I tend to make thing sup as I go and wanted to learn to follow a pattern.) I used a very lovely wool where each strand of the yarn was different shade of blue/purple.

They are fun to make. Did you find that by using the larger hook to do the first row of chains they ended up to loose? (or that could just be me being literal when they said "chain loosely"...)

Taking pictures with us and our scarves was pure fun.

Cornsilk, the yarn you used was some of the white acrylic "mystery" yarn we got from grandma, right?

Yeah, it was. It feels like it was from Red Heart.

As for your question, walker1021, I've already finished the heart pattern used to teach the tapestry stich (white background and turquoise heart) and added a turquoise shell border around it. Joy wants to call it a potholder, but I think it's too pretty to be used as a potholder. I'm currently working on another one, only reversing the colors. But since all my other yarn is verigated (is that how it's spelled?), I may have to buy more skeins of plain before I try more larger-yet-still-simple paterns.

I'm sure they look great....this is a great pattern and luckily, not TOO complicated! It was my first time doing shells as well, and now I love them! I made them both using Patons classic merino wool, one in winter white for my cousin, and one in Paprika for my mom (each to go with their coats). They were a great addition to their gifts! A little something to wear!

The same night as my last post, I went home and pulled out my SNB book. Had to laugh. This is the pattern my daughter picked out for me to make for her. I have yet to do it. Just finished the scarf on hook, so now I can start this pattern. Thanks for posting the pic. They really turned out pretty!

Archived