Fleuri Bag!

Frangipani

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love it!!!!

I so need to learn how to line a bag. I love cute little crochet bags but mine do stretch out some over time. Maybe something I could learn over the summer!!

Again too cute!!!!

I'm so jealous! I just finished one this morning and it looks like crud. :rant I have not been having good luck lately. But you've inspired me to try again. Thanks! :yay

:frog

Thanks!!! Crochetaddict. That was my first go at a zipper. I hand sewed one side of the zipper to the inside of the bag (leaving room for the zip to close without snagging on the yarn. Then I put the lining in on the same side, all around the bag, covering the zipper material (again making sure it wouldn't snag where the zip runs along). Then I did the other side of the zipper the same way. As I attached it I zipped it closed to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong. Then I attached the lining for that side.

It was my first time too and I just hoped for the best. Pretty easy. I just picked the right colour zipper to match and it was cheap in case I messed it up too bag. I almost prefer hand sweing it so I can go slow. Sewing machines tend to snag on me!

Bec

I showed this to my son in law and he wants me to make one for his adopted daughter at church. Some of the grownups 'adopt' a teenager for a year and get to know them, give them prezzies at special times, whatever and when I saw that purse I just thought of Mindy. Her favorite color is orange so I'm making it orange with a black lining. I found 2 metal moons whos curved side just matches the curve of the bag so those will be my handles, no zip but it will have a button to close. I hope she likes it.

• 3 years later...

Archived