Fleuri Bag!

Frangipani

I finally got a chance to make Crochet Me's fleuri bag!! I love it! http://crochetme.com/ I went searching high and low for the plastic purse handles and only found one that was way too expensive and didn't match.

Anyway, I wanted to make it an "evening/going out" bag so I lined the inside, sewed in a zipper (for the FIRST time) and used a black cord as a handle.

I LOVE it! :manyheart p.s. fitst time posting pics since the move so hope I get it right!

Fleuri_4.jpg

Fleuri_3.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments! It would have taken about 3 minutes to put the zipper and lining on if I had a sewing machine, but alas, it took me a few hours to do it all by hand. When you make the bag, it's done it two halves, then put them together. I did the lining while it was still in halves, then put it together. I really like lining the handbags I make because it keeps them from stretching as much. I'm trying to decide if I want to sell this one or keep it for myself! I'm just so happy with it. I LOVE roses!

:manyheart

I used an I hook and the yarn is Cleckheaton Country 8 ply (aussie brand). The colour is burgundy. Yeah, I think I'll keep it! Can't help myself! :devil

Bec

Archived