New Issue of Crochet Today

As always I looked at the crochet today site and they have their new magazine out!! There are so many cute things in it, including amigurumi ice cream cones, coasters, bowl, dress, and bathing suit. Go take a look. I'm so excited, can't wait for my issue to come in the mail.:clap:manyheart

Crochet Today

The local A.C. Moore store has this issue. I'm still waiting for my subscription copy. This is why I do not like magazine subscriptions...it seems I always see a copy in the store first before I get my copy in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up this issue last Thursday @ Michaels & have read it cover to cover a couple of times - its an excellent issue!

I received mine in the mail last week. I wish I had time after work to make some items, but I'm so busy with cleaning, cooking, stitch markers. Boo. I want to make the dress pattern into a shirt too!

I just picked mine up yesterday. The ring coasters are really cute!! But then, I find myself strongly drawn to anything circular. I don't know why, maybe it means something. I also like the "cute little cardi" on page 81.

I made up the lacy days of summer top. I did find a couple of errors in the pattern...but all in all it came out cute.

th_100_1147.jpg

It looks great!! Beautiful job...I can't wait to start mine.

How long does it take you all to get your subscription in the mail after you see it in the stores? For some reason I get mine in the mail sooo late after seeing it at Joanns, Michael's, even at my crochet unfriendly LYS! Last issue I didn't even get it until the end of May, I had to call and tell them I didn't get it, so they sent the issue, and then I got my subscription 3 days later!

I really want to get it, I keep hearing about and seeing everyone's great projects, and I want to get started myself! :hook

I bought mine a couple of days ago at Wal-Mart. Nobody has mentioned the rolling waves stole. I love it! That's the first thing in the issue I'm going to make. I'm trying to decide what color to make it. I also want to make both the bunny & the bear rattles for my granddaughter that is due the end of August. I'd like to do the lacy days of summer but change it to be a shrug. I'd make the front of it two halves if I can figure out how to do it that way.

How long does it take you all to get your subscription in the mail after you see it in the stores? For some reason I get mine in the mail sooo late after seeing it at Joanns, Michael's, even at my crochet unfriendly LYS! Last issue I didn't even get it until the end of May, I had to call and tell them I didn't get it, so they sent the issue, and then I got my subscription 3 days later!

I really want to get it, I keep hearing about and seeing everyone's great projects, and I want to get started myself! :hook

I emailed them about my missing issue and how its not the first time. I got a one sentence response about how they would mail me a new copy. Nothing about any mailing issues, we are sorry, etc, NOTHING! :angry Anyways, I like the patterns but I'm not renewing my subscription. I'll pick it up on newstands if I think about it in the future.

I got mine at WM a couple weeks ago. I'm working on the Skully Sweater, I love things with skulls. I also want to do the baby dress and sweater. The ring coasters look fun to do and I ave alot of those plastic rings and didn't know what to do with them lol. Before I can finish my skull top, I have to finish other projects.

I found the first issue in my Barnes and Noble bookstore and was considering a subscription since there was a discount card in the magazine but after reading the problems people were having with their subscription, I decided to just buy it as it comes out, which is every other month. I did notice that it usually is at the store between th 8 and 11th (to start) of the month.

It is so similiar to the old Crochet with Heart magazine from years back.

LI Roe

Wow, I am glad I checked here first. I also picked up the new CT... I Love so many of the patterns, I am at a loss as what to start first.

Siminsc : I LOVE that stole also!! It looks so nice and comfy not like you would have to continuously keep tugging at it.

And the rattles? I want to make them also, however after reading the instructions, I am dissapointed to find that the 'ring' part of the rattle is actually the top ring of a baby stacking toy. Not a very frugal, or cost effective way to go about things. If anyone else has a better Idea of what we can substitute instead, I am all ears!!

I had just checked in here to see what you all thought about the subscription...I love mag, and there IS so much info in it...and most of all, the patterns are more what I would make compaired to Crochet World. After reading what CS is like @ CT...maybe I should just take my chances at WM. yuck, I can just see me fighting with someone over the last issue ( We don't get many of them in our store) Glad I am not the only one smitten with this mag.

Beth

And the rattles? I want to make them also, however after reading the instructions, I am dissapointed to find that the 'ring' part of the rattle is actually the top ring of a baby stacking toy. Not a very frugal, or cost effective way to go about things. If anyone else has a better Idea of what we can substitute instead, I am all ears!!

That's just what they used. They are not telling you to go out and buy those stackers just for the rings.

I have a set here from my daughter that I could use if I wanted so it would be frugal to me. I probably won't go that way though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I love Crochet Today and have a subscription, but I am still waiting for the July/August issue. I've called them, but am still waiting. I am thinking of letting my subscription lapse as it will be easier to get it at the store.

Very frustrating.

Archived