Do You Use A Gydzit?

xantha

I ran a quick search on the forums but couldn't find any mention (I know I saw it mentioned here for the first time, heh!) of it, reviews, that kind of thing.

here's the ebay store

So, does anyone use one (or more) of these? I'm not sure if it's just a cool gimmick or if it helps with keeping tension (probably about as well as threading through a slightly loose ring) or if it really just keeps one from getting thread-burn on their fingers.

:ebay is totally evil. (just bought some old steel hooks: aiiii.)

I wonder if it would slide around a lot. I would love to know how people like them out there...the price is kind of pricey, really. I would like to know first. :yay

I have one. I don't use it though. It makes the thread go backwards. The opposite way of how I hold my thread so It's awkward for me. I use it only if I am doing some really tight thread part. It does stop the burn and keeps the thread running smoothly. Lots of people LOVE this thng but I guess I'm a weird crocheter :)

Good luck!

• 4 years later...

I've been using them for several yrs & LOVE them. My only complaint is the largest is almost too small now for my finger as my knuckles are swollen w/arthritis & I can barely get the largest one on now.

Now I know what you are talking about. You can get them through Patternworks and I believe Knitpicks has them in their catalog. I haven't tried it as I has no problems with tension.

Archived