Even MORE Bookmarks

Yep, I've made some more bookmarks! :hook The bookmarks in the first 2 pictures are from '3 Dozen and One Bookmarks' and the two bookmarks :think (I think that they are more like fridgies!) in the last picture are from 'Special Day Bookmarks'. Both books are from Annie's Attic.

post-6618-135897457151_thumb.jpg[/url][/color]

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. My scanner (no digital camera yet) :blush doesn't like dimensional items!!

post-6618-135897457112_thumb.jpg

post-6618-135897457146_thumb.jpg

They look very good. Your red-white-and-blue-and-gold one looks much better than the one in the book. (I wasn't tempted by the picture in the book. Yours looks very tempting to make...)

great bookmarks, i really like the pink flower and the teddy is so cute!

Thanks for the nice comments! They were made using the patterns straight from the book except for the pink flower one. I thought that the petals were too skinny so I went around them again with sc's.

The red, white and blue one was interesting to make because you have to do each color separate then braid them before doing the edging. I used a straight pin to hold the three ends together while I did the edging and I stuck myself several times before I finished! :blush

They were all made with #5 Pearl Cotton except for the angel one (blue background). I used #8 Pearl Cotton for that one. The bookmark is only about an inch across. I did have a bit of a problem trying to find thin enough ribbon (1/16") for the bow.

I have the first book you mentioned, but haven't made the bookmarks you made and I use size 10 thread. I recently did the heart one, forget what its called, and it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. My picots need work for some reason. Some were good and some weren't. Not sure what the catch is but I'll get it eventually.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, they all look really wonderful!

Archived