crochet tube top

is there anyway it could be made more of atube and solid all the way around? i'm not skinny exactly but not so big that i can't wear s tube top. guess i'm average with curves. :-) hehehe.

You could probaly just make it a little bigger and lace it up tight, giving it the appearance of a tube top with the ability to put it on easier.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Now THAT is Awesome!!! Once upon a time, I could have worn it myself (and would have)- now I'll have to make it for a grand-daughter. Thanks so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, as for changing size, I believe the repeat for the bottom part is in increments of three (it's been two years, so I may be wrong) so if you wanted to you could probably use a ch in multiples of 3+3 for the turning ch. It's a really really simple pattern to work with. As a note, I only had one person test originally, so there may still be a few errors. Please feel free to tell me if you find one and I'll try and change it here for everyone else.

Tube Top

I used a red heart worsted weight and a H hook. This is a size adult S - M.

Tie Back Tube Top

Begin: ch 85

Row 1: Starting 4th ch from hook, triple in next 2 ch (for a total of 3 posts counting turning ch) *ch1 skip 1, triple in next 3 repeat from * for 19 (until you reach the end)

Row 2 -21 (or as far down as you need to go to completely cover chest area): sc in each st

Row 22: *ch 3, skip 2 st, sc. Repeat from * until you reach the end of the row.

Row 23 - ?: sl st in first 2 ch of last row. *ch 3, sc in middle chain of next 3ch loop. Repeat from * until end of row. Repeat for each row until there is only one ch of 3 (1 loop) on a row. Fasten off.

Tie: Chain for 280 (more or less for tie length preference)

Lace up back with tie from the triples down at an even interval until you reach the 8th row of sc loops.

copywrite 2005 Kassandra Riley.

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Archived