crochet tube top

Hello all! I posted a picture of the tube top I designed a few years ago on the clothing show and tell. I've had a request or two over the years for the pattern and just recently I had many requests. So, to save the time of emailing it out, and make it easier for anyone else who is interested, I decided to just post the pattern here. The pictures of it can be found here:

Front:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/Feywalker/shirtfront.jpg

Back:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/Feywalker/tubetopback.jpg

It looks better on a person, but I was deployed at the time and the friend I made it for was on a different work shift than me, so I couldn't get a pic with her in it. Okay, as for changing size, I believe the repeat for the bottom part is in increments of three (it's been two years, so I may be wrong) so if you wanted to you could probably use a ch in multiples of 3+3 for the turning ch. It's a really really simple pattern to work with. As a note, I only had one person test originally, so there may still be a few errors. Please feel free to tell me if you find one and I'll try and change it here for everyone else.

Tube Top

I used a red heart worsted weight and a H hook. This is a size adult S - M.

Tie Back Tube Top

Begin: ch 85

Row 1: Starting 4th ch from hook, triple in next 2 ch (for a total of 3 posts counting turning ch) *ch1 skip 1, triple in next 3 repeat from * for 19 (until you reach the end)

Row 2 -21 (or as far down as you need to go to completely cover chest area): sc in each st

Row 22: *ch 3, skip 2 st, sc. Repeat from * until you reach the end of the row.

Row 23 - ?: sl st in first 2 ch of last row. *ch 3, sc in middle chain of next 3ch loop. Repeat from * until end of row. Repeat for each row until there is only one ch of 3 (1 loop) on a row. Fasten off.

Tie: Chain for 280 (more or less for tie length preference)

Lace up back with tie from the triples down at an even interval until you reach the 8th row of sc loops.

copywrite 2005 Kassandra Riley.

Hi the top is soooooooo beautiful, can you please help with me with the instructions. Row 1, do I skip 4 chains and triple in the 4th chain or 5 chain. Does the row end with 19 sets of 3 triples/chain 1? I really would love to make this top.

Thank you for your help.

Also, can you give me instructions for making this top a large/x-large. Thanks again!!

I'm thinking if you make a chain 3/4's of the way around your chest, then follow the next row (the triples and ch 1) you can "un-chain" any leftover chains at the end (actually the start of the chain)

Then you could follow the rest of the directions

(does that make sense? would it work?)

It makes sense in my mind LOL

I am almost done with mine! (made as per original instructions)

Tina

It's done! Pics tomorrow! I don't think it's gonna be big enough for my 14 year old DD to wear, I will have to try it on my 10 yr old. I think I might have to find an old t-shirt to line the "tube" section; it seems a little holey. I used some "mill ends" of cotton yarn (which after extensive Google-ing I believe to be Bernat Handicrafter Cotton - Marble Print)

Now I need to make some bigger; I want one for myself!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi the top is soooooooo beautiful, can you please help with me with the instructions. Row 1, do I skip 4 chains and triple in the 4th chain or 5 chain. Does the row end with 19 sets of 3 triples/chain 1?

Okay, I skip 4 ch (counts as a tripple and ch 1) and tripple in the 5th ch. there should be crap, either 19 tripples and 18 ch 1 or 20 tripples and 19 ch 1. Sorry, I can't look at it. then there would be the turning ch 1. My ramblings confusing yet? okay, l = tripple and _ = ch. It should look like this: l_l_l_l_l_l make sense? I hope so cause my cat is clawing my hand as I type and it's starting to hurt. I hope that helps.

Oh my god that is Great:cheer I feel the need to find my leg warmers,my bubble pocketbooks, and my roller skates....(showing my age):yes ... I made mine in a soft pink..Thanks

Oh I am so in love with this! I am going to start it as soon as I finish typing this. :yes Thank you so much for sharing the pattern.:hug

jmigs0 I can totally relate to what you said (showing my age too)...love it!:lol

Michelle

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

is there anyway it could be made more of atube and solid all the way around? i'm not skinny exactly but not so big that i can't wear s tube top. guess i'm average with curves. :-) hehehe.

Archived