??? about martha poncho

i have looked at alot of the martha poncho's that people have made, and they are beatiful. i am wondering tho... the neck on martha's seems larger than the neck on the ones people have made and posted on the board. is it me or are the patterns different? are they made depending on how big your neck is?

just wondering.. i want to make one and i like the big neck on martha's myself.

I know that the LB pattern seems to run "tight" - I've seen that comment in several places now. I made mine using the hook recommended (L hook) and wish I had tried it with a P or Q hook instead.

I made the Martha poncho and the neck seemed fine to me, went over your head easily and was still plenty of breathing room. The starting chain on Lionbrand's Coming Home Poncho is 44 and I did crochet this loosely, so that I could find where I needed to put in my next stitch easily, and of course when your done with the first two rows everything else is a breeze.

Michelle

I made one for my mother (Using the LB pattern). I wore it for a day to see how it felt and I liked it fine. Not sure how it will fit her though (she is a bit larger). If you are concerned, I would recommend doing the beginning chain with a P-size hook, then when you start the pattern, switch down to the recommended N-size hook.

I look at her picture and she looks like she's got a turtleneck thing going on. The Lion brand poncho I made doesn't have that. The neck isn't tight by any means but it's also not a turtleneck. And even if I hike it high on my shoulders and turn the collar down it's not the big cushy looking neck like on Martha's. I imagine if I did a few more rounds on the collar eventually it'll be long enough to fold or bunch but personally I don't like turtlenecks so I'm happy with mine lol.

I also thought that. It does look like a turtle neck. None of the patterns I've seen have the same big neck on them. You could just add to it and fold down or use a bigger hook so that it 'puffs' out bigger than the rest of it?

Archived