How big is your stash?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow 250 skeins !!! I only have maybe 12-15 tops.

I've gotten that number down to around 220. Right now I only buy a skein or two to go with what I have. I'm trying to not buy very much until I get that number below 200. But like I said I live a long way from any place to buy yarn so I do try to keep plenty on hand to work with. :hook

Most are WW, a few are bulky. I'm trying to inventory them, but I'm tired of digging.

And I brought home 3 more skeins today! In my defense, 2 were on clearance. :hook

HEY WAIT!! I resemble that remark! :fame

:rofl

Today, I got 160 of the 210 skeins I ordered from Herrschners. Apparently, I'm not getting the 50 that they say they shipped but didn't bill me for :lol How many skeins does this make?? Beats-the-heck-outta-me! I wonder if I'd have enough stamina to count? Nah, prob'ly not. And just WHERE am I s'posed to put this stash???? We've already learned under the DR table doesn't work.. and I can't just leave it in the Jeep. Oh wait... it should be good in there for at least 2 weeks, the last bunch was! :eek:devil

OMG - I thought only I kept my stuff in the car! My husband doesn't say anything when he needs to take my Jeep somewhere, but I can see the steam coming out of his ears!!:lol

I have five 5drawer plastic towers that hold about 20 balls/skeins each. Then I have two large rubbermaid bins, one large sack, and two three drawer seagrass chest of drawers. And the cotton has its own four drawer holder.

And there theres the yarn at Toothbrush 2 and Toothbrush 3's places. And the yarn in the car.

Plus the stuff which is on order...

In total I believe I have about 3000 balls and skeins.

Manda

I started to re-organize my stash, then quickly realized I have to buy lots more storage bins/totes/whatever to get my stash back under control.

My best friend/sister was here Sunday and Monday....they brought me back from their house in Florida.....she saw my 4 HUGE bags of yarn in the dining room and asked if I had enough yarn. I just looked at her and busted out laughing. I told her to follow me. I showed her my linen closet......I can still call it a linen closet since I have 1 shelf with towels and sheets on it, but the rest is stuffed full of yarn. She just shook her head. I told her I wasn't done showing her. We went into my bedroom where I thought she was gonna pass out. She saw my 4 HUGE totes, 4 medium totes, 3 small totes, 5 huge bags plus my WIP's. She just looked at me, asked me if I was done buying yarn, and I just laughed and said NOPE.

I told her that her Vintage Jewelry Collection was about the same size (she collects and sells vintage jewelry), the only difference is that yarn takes up a lot more room than jewelry.

Wow, you all have so much yarn!! I have about 20 full skeins of yarn and lots of scrap yarn. I don't have enough money to buy any more! I'm just a kid who isn't old enough for a job yet and has to rely on her $20 dollars a month allowance to buy yarn! But sometimes my parents buy some for me hehe :D

Wow, you all have so much yarn!! I have about 20 full skeins of yarn and lots of scrap yarn. I don't have enough money to buy any more! I'm just a kid who isn't old enough for a job yet and has to rely on her $20 dollars a month allowance to buy yarn! But sometimes my parents buy some for me hehe :D

Some of us are little obsessed (ME, among others). At least you'll actually use yours up! Some of us are near drowning. :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn

Well, I was being so good, just buying a skein here and there to go with the stuff that's already in my stash. Then NGHT posted that the peaches and cream place had the grab bags on for $2.19. I ordered 5 plus 5 more cones. Then I went to OKC this weekend. I got 10 skeins (2 were on clearance). Then I went to Michael's and bought 10 more on clearance. I only get to go to these places once very month or two. Thank goodness for my hobby hut!

DH will never know.:devil

I only have maybe 30 full skeins, but several totes with partial skeins of yarn and thread. I really need to keep more around, because sometimes I want to do these spur of the moment things which always means a trip to the store. :( Because I never seem to have the color I want. I need to pay more attention to clearance sales. I have no craft stores close, so I need to get on email lists where I can purchase via the net.

Any suggestions on the best sites that offer these kinds of deals?

Blondie

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I have hundreds of skeins. I'm so addicted to yarn, it's pathetic. I just snuck in another tub full tonight. :) I always try and defend with the ole "it was on clearance for $1.00!!!!!" I still get dirty looks and the "NO MORE YARN!!" comment. Maybe I need an intervention.

No earthly idea - over 30 years of crochet & umpteen moves with college & 2 marriages, I have yarn stashed almost everywhere.

And since I have ADHD, I also have yarn I forgot I bought, stashed in places I forgot I had, and the occasional skeins & half-started forgotten projects that make their way under furniture & then far far against the wall when the cats find them.

Then every once in awhile hubby will get the idea that he wants to help me get organized. So he fills up a tote or garbage bag, and takes it to the shed or the utility room.

The up-side to this is that, when I stumble upon a hideaway, it almost feels like I've gotten new yarn, so I get to enjoy the ACQUISITION thrill twice! :rofl

LAURASTAR! 1000? Makes me feel yarn skinny.

I'm not going to go count them all, but I can guestimate ...

About 20 skeins each of baby in aqua, white, pink, multi, off-white, yellow.

40 skeins baby in red.

40 skeins Thick & Quick in sea foam green.

40 skeins rug in peach.

30 skeins Jiffy in dark blue, 30 in teal, 30 in dark blue / teal mix.

20 skeins Jiffy in gray.

15 skeins Jiffy in fuchia.

A few of Jiffy in baby colors that will be gone in a few days.

A couple dozen balls of ribbon. Are they beautiful!

25 skeins chenille in red.

25 skeins chenille in purple.

A Red Heart multi and a Red Heart Plum, I can't recall the number but it's enough to make an afghan.

6 worsted weight 1 pounders.

20 assorted worsted weight skeins.

8 camo worsted weight skeins for a particular person who loves it.

I could scrounge for a little more, but not much.

2 eyelash.

I can't think anymore. Happy Hooking.

Real Deal

4 of the 10 gallon sterilite totes, and one large flat tote that is full as well.

I used to have 4 of the 40 gallon totes, but i sorted through and gave a lot to a church. I was living in a one BR apt. at the time and simply didn't have the space for a ton of yarn.

And since I have ADHD, I also have yarn I forgot I bought, stashed in places I forgot I had, and the occasional skeins & half-started forgotten projects that make their way under furniture & then far far against the wall when the cats find them.

Kinda feels like Christmas when you find the stuff. :D

:rofl We ALL had 2 skeins at one time. And that was ... Well, whenever.

I am very fortunate to live now near a store in which all skeins are $1. It isn't a yarn store though, so they get what they get. I wait and watch and when something good comes along, I buy a lot of it.

I was never questioned about this until I bought the 40 skeins of red baby yarn. One of the young men who works there just couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask "What in the world are you going to do with all that red yarn?" I didn't miss a beat. "I'm crocheting a barn" I said. And I didn't even crack a smile.

Real Deal :hook

3 tubs and 2 bags

One large flat tub is 35 full skeins of specialty yarns, suede, chenille, fun furs, eyelash, ribbon, 2 super bulkies, mohair, starlight mohair, and boucle.

One 40 lb tub with 43 full skeins of worsted, wool, craft cotton, baby yarn, fingering yarn and simply soft.

One tub of partial skeins of the type in the big tub.

One large storage bag of 15 balls of thread crochet.

One smaller storage bag of balls of leftovers (I use for plastic canvas, scrap booking and appliques)

• 4 years later...

Archived