How big is your stash?

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it and I was just curious. Mine is only 225-250 full skeins, plus a large bag of partly used skeins and small balls. It's been getting smaller since I discovered the 'ville. You guys are so talented and have really inspired me. I could probably get a lot more done if I didn't visit this place so much, but I enjoy looking at everyone's work.

:hook:hook:hook

Jean

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200++ FULL cones of cotton thread

300++ Cakes of cotton thread/yarn (wound from the cones)

(are we seeing a pattern here...:laughroll...I loove cotton!

30 skeins of acrylic yarn

40 lbs of various cotton/other yarns on those huge 4-5 lb cones

Plus another 30 lbs in WIP's stashed all over the house

That's a whole lot of stash that I am trying to use up by making a lot of wearables for me and the girls (doubling and tripling the threads make it get used up faster)

To keep my stash from getting bigger I am on the Stashbusting CAL.

Now if you want to see a mountain (or mountains) of stash go to the Stash-building CAL and look at Nght's posts...she's got a yarn factory of stash...:rofl

Now if you want to see a mountain (or mountains) of stash go to the Stash-building CAL and look at Nght's posts...she's got a yarn factory of stash...:rofl

HEY WAIT!! I resemble that remark! :fame

:rofl

Today, I got 160 of the 210 skeins I ordered from Herrschners. Apparently, I'm not getting the 50 that they say they shipped but didn't bill me for :lol How many skeins does this make?? Beats-the-heck-outta-me! I wonder if I'd have enough stamina to count? Nah, prob'ly not. And just WHERE am I s'posed to put this stash???? We've already learned under the DR table doesn't work.. and I can't just leave it in the Jeep. Oh wait... it should be good in there for at least 2 weeks, the last bunch was! :eek:devil

HEY WAIT!! I resemble that remark! :fame

:rofl

Today, I got 160 of the 210 skeins I ordered from Herrschners. Apparently, I'm not getting the 50 that they say they shipped but didn't bill me for :lol How many skeins does this make?? Beats-the-heck-outta-me! I wonder if I'd have enough stamina to count? Nah, prob'ly not. And just WHERE am I s'posed to put this stash???? We've already learned under the DR table doesn't work.. and I can't just leave it in the Jeep. Oh wait... it should be good in there for at least 2 weeks, the last bunch was! :eek:devil

That's a not a stash, that's a yarn shop You are definitely the queen of yarn addicts!:queen

Please don't make me count them. All I can tell you is that at present I have 6 of the large Rubbermaid bins full of yarn, and one of cotton thread, a free standing rack in the middle of the craft room that revolves (K-Mart was getting rid of it!) and has 6 bins that are 24" x 12" and about 8" deep, all full of yarn, a 3 shelf bookcase that houses more yarn instead of books, something I call a cubby that has 12"cubicles that is 5 cubicles high, and I can still never find a tote when I need one because all of those are full of yarn as well.

About 50% of the time when I want to start a project I just don't have the "right" yarn and feel I must buy some. I know it's an addiction.

Nght, can I be your new best friend?? :D

Sure, I would love friends who understand the *yarn thing*... NONE of them do! :oops Well, 'cept ev'ryone here at the 'Ville! :D

I swear, if I could crochet as fast as I can buy... whew! I could be my own garment shop! :lol

But but but... in my defense... 99% of my purchases are really good deals on ebay or super sales! I cringe when I hafta pay more than $2.00 for any yarn :blush

Laurastar, Nght & Mudpie after reading your posts I feel the need to go yarn shopping. Compared to yours I just have a baby stash. Mine just takes up 3 large totes, 2 medium totes, 1 box and 1 XXL ziploc bag, plus a few bags with WIP. I need more yarn!

Jean:devil:devil:devil

Wow....I think I'm going to have to count now! Although I've never bought 210 skeins of yarn before! I guess I'll have to get back to you guys soon....I actually have a lot my gramma gave me a couple years ago that hasn't been used to! Might be a higher number than I think!

wow! compared to ya'll...i got....nothing. i have 1 tote thats full...i think its a 20 gallon. and my BF says i have too much and im not allowed to buy anymore till i use what i have......:( i'll be ANYONES friend!!! jeez..... *goes off to feel sorry for myself and my pitiful stash...* :hook

Hmmm.... at last count per my geeky colour-coded spreadsheet (can you say "anal retentive":lol? ) I have about 500 skeins I think.... that's about (17) huge totes full.... oy vey!

~k

I am afraid to count the skeins (definately no where NEAR the amount that Nght has!!) But by trash bag fulls (13 gal size) - I have 6 bags of WW. Then I have 1 bag of thread (for all those doilies I wanna make). Add the 6 skeins of yarn for the WIP next to my chair. Oh, I have 12 more skeins that should be delivered tomorrow for WIMs. AND..one more trash bag filled with Rug Yarn. Using up my scrap stash by making grannies for my charity group. I am refusing to buy anymore yarn unless I have a specific WIM pattern already picked out. Hubby just laughs at me when I say that. Luckily he is smiling too.

I'm a reformed stasher but only because we decided to live in our RV for a few years and rent out our house. I had 6 large rubbermaid bins of yarn in my stash. I put the knitting machine to work and donated about 20-30 afghans and then gave the rest to GoodWill. I now keep the stash managable at about 50 skeins as we don't really have the room to store more. I was down to 24 until Hobby Lobby ran their Sinfonia half price a couple weeks ago. That's actually good news because I always had a twinge of guilt when buying yarn knowing I had a ton of it sitting at home. I'm totally guilt-free now. Well, about yarn buying anyway.

I hope it was someone in here & they'll see it....

I accidentally deleted an e-mail that said *yarn stash* and I can't get it back to read it! :oops

Can whoever sent it (if you see this) please re-send?! I'm SO sorry!! :(

Im not sure what the count is on my yarn, but I know I have 6 bins full, 2 bins in the basement and prolly half a bin next to my chair where I work. And I'm constantly adding to my collection. I think I'm addicted too....hehe

Too many to count. I was really making headway using my yarn, but then hubby bought me some more.

What a wonderful hubby! Mine picks up yarn for me only when I request it, and know exactly what I need. Which reminds me I forgot to count that cornmeal color he got me a few weeks ago. I picked up 2 more skeins yesterday on sale at Basket Market. I went to Michael's yesterday and didn't buy any! I did caress a few, but did't have time to really shop because I was helping my future DIL shop for the wedding on June 9. After the wedding I'm going to sit down and crochet for a couple of hours uninterrupted.

Jean

Archived