Ambitious WIP wire crochet beaded purse

Kathleen

I needed something that is small and portable, plus time consuming for the hours spent at the hospital, so I decided to make another purse.

This project takes forever, but it turns out so beautifully when its finished. Takes lots of muscle, and bandages for the tension finger, but here's what I've done so far on my newest wire crochet bead purse.

Its 30 gauge silver wire with glass beads. Size 3 steel hook. 3 beads per sc on RS only (thread hundreds of beads on the wire first, and when you run out, you thread hundreds more) --the return row doesn't have beads. I've given you a pic of the front and the back just to see what it looks like so far.

The last few purses I made, (that I didn't give away) were sold in boutiques in Los Angeles for $350 each.

Well, this is what I've done so far.

112_1242.jpg112_1243.jpg

Wrong side Right side close up

112_1238.jpg

WIP right side.

:faint

Wow! That most certainly is ambitious! For the price you're fetching for your bags, it definately seems worth the work, though I'd get some extra cushiony bandages for that tension finger!

Beautiful job!

kathleen, those are so beautiful:drool :drool :drool :drool man you do fantastic work. and that is so awesome that you are able to make them and sell them. they look like a lot of work, so is nice that someone appreciated the time and effort, not to mention the money,(Beads are expensive), you are awesome girl.:hug :hug :hug vicki

Archived