Fbb Help!!!!

meredionysis

Question

I got all the way through the middle 23 rows [where there is no inc or dec...just straight], and I started my first dec row. K, everything is good there. [FYI: My entire bag, from the beginning, has always been 2 sts short of the pattern. No clue why, but it's been consistent, so I assume I left something out in the beginning. BUT! It looks exactly like everyone else's WIP for the FBB, so I'm not frogging it...]

So. Row 40.

I hhdc all the way to one st before the marker [this means I hhdc in the last st, and the marker is in the next one, right?]. I do hhdc2tog, removing and then replacing my marker. Then it says to hhdc in the next 5 sts...

But I've only got 4 sts, now. If I were to do the 5th one, I'd be hhdc-ing into my marked st.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

I'm literally sobbing here, people. Help? :help:help:help:huh:huh:huh:cry:cry:cry:cry

6 answers to this question

you said that you were short 2 st from the beg. That is where you are losing your st. I would frog a few rows and add those into the st just make sure they are evenly spaced.

Or you can also just work the last 4 hdc instead of the 5.

There will ALWAYS be 5 stitches in the middle, with the inc or dec in on either side. Doesn't matter how many hhdc are on the sides, always 5 in the middle and the same number of stitches on either side. As long as you've got that, you're golden.

I hhdc all the way to one st before the marker [this means I hhdc in the last st, and the marker is in the next one, right?]. I do hhdc2tog, removing and then replacing my marker. Then it says to hhdc in the next 5 sts...

But I've only got 4 sts, now. If I were to do the 5th one, I'd be hhdc-ing into my marked st.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

You went one stitch too far. You need to hhdc all the way TO one stitch BEFORE the marker: this means you leave that one stitch before the marker empty. Don't work into it yet. Then you work the hhdc2tog with that empty stitch and the stitch with the marker. That way you'll have 5 hhdc to stitch into before hitting your next marker.

Hope that helps!

You went one stitch too far. You need to hhdc all the way TO one stitch BEFORE the marker: this means you leave that one stitch before the marker empty. Don't work into it yet. Then you work the hhdc2tog with that empty stitch and the stitch with the marker. That way you'll have 5 hhdc to stitch into before hitting your next marker.

Hope that helps!

I was just looking at it, and I thought that that made sense! Thank you SO much. I was about to just throw the whole thing in the garbage. :clap:clap:manyheart:manyheart

Archived