Spill it Yarn Junkies!

kel

Yesterday! At Big Lots... couldn't resist the Fun Fur for .50 ... just too good to pass up... spent (gasp!) $20.:lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 3 weeks ago when we were out of town and went to a Hobby Lobby. I'd never been in one before and I fell in love with some of their Yarn Bee yarns - I think the ones I got were Cameo and Frosting. :manyheart I bought around $100 worth, but since I don't have HL in town here, I felt justified. :hook

on friday a skein of bernat camo in the orange to make my husband a hat for hunting season for $2.70 after coupon and I stuffed it into the camo fleece I bought to crochet around for a blanket.(as soon as I get my edgery doo). it was my bday i shoud be able to get yarn if I want..:lol

Since I am not yet employed I have to puppy-eye my husband every time I want to buy yarn. Last week he bought me 7 skeins of Bernat's Super Stripes for a sweater I'm making. I am now saving up money to make a big online order on either smileys or lisa's. But before I do I have to go on a yarn hunt. I really don't like shopping yarns online, because I'd rather go to a store and feel the yarn out before I buy it. So I have to go and touch it all before I order it. Then I just have to figure out what to make with all of it :D

Spent about $30 for 4 skeins, two of organic cotton for a shawl, and two of baby-alpaca for another (cooler weather) shawl.

Though I still have a big basket of Angelhair and Beautiful for making amigurumi and a bag with some soy-wool blend hats and scarves in progress.

Kelly!!!! LOL its Jenni from the SnB....Ok so my last yarn purchase was two weeks ago about when I bought stuff for my secret pal and for JJ's new blankie I am going to start on the 15th of July, you will probably get to see that one at some point in time. I was so shocked to see you on here seens how I have been on here for a while and never once saw any post from you, but as soon as I saw your avatar I jumped up and down and I was like I KNOW HER!!! Ok I'm done.:lol

Yesterday - Big Lots - 10 sk Moss Green, 10 sk Teal sport weight (very soft, off brand) - $1 each!! I have to admit, I made two trips. First got the moss green at lunch and as i was showing it around in the afternoon realized I wanted the teal too so i went back on my way home! I wish they would have had other colors. I might try the Van Gogh CAL with it. I love it because you can't usually find solid sport weight yarn except in pastel/baby colors.

Yesterday my dd and I went to Hobby Lobby. I bought:

12 skeins Caron Simply Soft in lime green, watermelon, lavender, dk purple, turquoise, and lt. pink, 3 skeins of Yarn Bee Fun Fur in three different colors. I also got some stitch counters, a Knifty Knitter booklet, bobbins, and jean needles, and a few stickers from the clearance aisle..all for $35.

actual yarn....I don't remember, but my most recent purchases--a mens XXL butter yellow cashmere sweater to unravel, $10, the book knitting lingerie style, and a dishcloth booklet, 6.00

I am stalking the big skein bin at michaels--they are out of the new big skeins of sugar and cream in robins egg, ans I plan to pick up 3 to make a bath mat when they restock:)

Nine skeins of RH SS Black.:D(They were on sale! and you can always us black for something. A bag maybe? 20 bags?)

Five skeins Fun Fur black.:D(To use with the RH of course! And they were on sale too! Bah I'll survive my hate of novelty yarn to use it.)

Three skeins Paton's Mosaic black.:D(The were clearance! So what if I hate working with novelty yarn.)

I almost bought size Caron pounders today off Joann's website. If only I had the money!:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Last Friday from Knit Picks. About four balls of their Swish Superwash to over-dye for the Babette Blanket.

Buying about 25 balls of yarn (mostly Woolease) for Babette seems to have reduced my yarn hunger for a while. My husband and I bicycled past a Beverly's yesterday and I didn't even request a detour! :angel Next yarn purchase will be a total splurge, luxury yarn for a sweater, when I file my dissertation. :devil

The last time I bought yarn was right before father's day and I bought 22 skeins of carons simply soft in black and grey. I did buy a new crochet book two days ago so that will tide me over for awhile. :hook

About a week ago I placed an order at KnitPicks for about 25 skeins wool and some acrylic. Total bill was 51.76 - shipping is free when order is $45 or more.

Last week bought 5 skeins Bernats cottontots for co-workers baby afghan I need to start. Before that I bought 14 skeins Blue Sky Alpaca bulky handpaints/handdyes for a cape I have planned for myself... too embarassed to say how much that cost me! :blush

I got 6 skeins of Classic Elite Flash for my Sweet-Pea Shawl. I'd made a practice one, but was just drooling over the way the suggested yarn seemed to shimmer.

Spent $28, but it's so nice to work with and will be worth every penny!

I will be searching for Noro on sale this month. I am treating myself to some for a shawl or moebius for my birthday. I give away so much that I have been wanting a Noro something, either Silk Garden or Kureyon, for myself. I'm glad to see a few of you are doing the same. I know we are all so darned giving, please take your valuable gift-giving time to keep a creation that really will be your own.

Has anyone made an item out of Noro that they just loved? Tell, tell!

Two weeks ago, at a flea market, I bought someone else's stash for $4.00, I can't begin to tell you how much yarn I got...let's just say a lot...my DH said, do you think you have enough now? I said PLEASE, how well do you know me? We both laughed...and he carried the yarn. Gotta love him!

Im getting ready to go out in a few moments to buy the yarn I need to make a new choo-choo train blanket for my neices new baby. Due in Feb. Sure hope its a boy but just in case I better get the yarn for the girls butterfly blanket too! Look out yarn store, here I come!!!!!

Archived