Spill it Yarn Junkies!

kel

Ok, this is the safest place to admit....

when was your last yarn purchase & how much did you buy?

For me - less than 24 hours ago. :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn 4 balls of Sugar N' Cream. (On sale, 2 for $3 - you know you wouldn't pass that up either! LoL)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last night...2 balls of softee chunky - red...I am just on my way out the door for more. I made my sister a purse and now think I need to send a shawl to go with it. But I NEED that yarn!:hook

In the last week - I spent roughly $100 on various wool at yarn.com (Webs) and $40 at Annie's Attic's website. (They had that great sale on books... Its not my fault!) :eek:devil I guess I should know better than to go to the yarn and craft websites when they are having sales... :badidea

I'm getting ready to place an order for about $100 in various acrylic, etc from another site.....:blush What? I have Xmas presents and fairs to get ready for! :loco

well im not really sure i buy so many things (been getting things here and there and everywhere prepping for my wedding) but i think i remember the last thing i bought yarn was tuesday i got some awesome vintage yarn at the thrift store 19 balls of a nice cotton acrylic blend in a teal, 9 balls of a baby blue terry yarn and 10 balls of a navy blue terry yarn all for 25 bucks with taxes... oh and also a cream color mens XL cashmere sweater which i promptly came home and dismanteled and rolled into 4 large balls... all of that for 25 bucks!!!

Oops, yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby to buy some knitting needles (yes I said the K word! I am learning) and browsed through the yarn. You know, you can't NOT do that, lol. So they had moved a bunch of Glitterspun and Paton's Brilliant to the discounted section. I've been wanting to buy some for 2 specific projects for a while, so I couldn't just not buy it... saving money in the long run, you know? :devil so yep, I bought several balls of 2 colors. :blush 4 of one and 3 of the other.

Okay, okay, I confess. Yeterday I purchased 50 skeins of yarn from Yarn & Thead by Lisa's ebay store. Her Bernat Berella was $1.25 each and her Patons Astra was $.99. How could I resist? :woo

on the 22nd I bought 210 skeins from Herrschners :blush (not here yet)

BUT, the Bernat Envy & Disco were 77¢ and the Skacel Evo (MSRP of +$10.00) for 50¢ each. Total before shipping was only $121.20 and I think the shipping was like $10.95 or something like it. See, so it was Ok, I got a really good deal :rofl

Wow, 210 skeins!!!?? That's..some planning!! ;) What are you going to make with all that yarn? I must say..you got a really good deal!!

Yesterday I went to JoAnn Fabrics (just for fabric dye) and came out with 2 of those large skeins of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Twist, 1 skein of Bernat Worsted (also large skein), and 2 skeins of RH Monet for DD to make her first project! No..I can't go there without coming out with at least $30-$50 of yarn!!!

Some time last week, but I can't remember the exact day. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a bunch of great clearanced yarn. I bought something like 6 or 7 skeins of it, I think. It cost me only $8! :yay

I bought around 22 skeins of a vintage wool, cotton blend for $8 at a yard sale on Saturday. Oh, and a needlepoint kit for $2 for the wool tapestry yarn. I have no idea what I am going to do with either!!

2 days ago, I bought 8 skeins of Homespun at Jo-Ann's to make an afghan. I actually waited for a few days to use my coupon for an additional 10% off the sale price, saved about $10.00 that way. I started on the afghan right away and have 17 of the 48 squares finished.

Last Thursday . . . from Smiley's :blush

They have Paton's Carmen :c9 on sale (until 5/31 :devil ). I bought 10 skeins each of - Ebony/Ivory/Stone/Wine/Rose - I want to make an afghan with this :manyheart .

4 skeins of Bernat Coordinates in Aqua/Pink for babyghan.

4 skeins of Bernat Sox (2 each of Jazz Hot / Denim).

Plus 3 packs of bobbins.

:hook :hook :hook

I just got an order in the mail yesterday from my fav yarn web store (http://www.yarnbylisa.com) 3 big skeins of green Phentex and 4 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby. Woo Hoo!

Last week I purchased 12 skeins of Bernat Softee Baby from Lisa - these are being mailed to my great aunt for her b-day present....97 years old this month!! She still crochets - mostly for project linus.

Then I get this e-mail today from Lisa saying she has baby yarn on sale. Think I may have to buy more!!

I haven't bought any yarn since the sale at amazon, that seems like ages ago now, but I did just order some pattern books from anniesattic yesterday, so the withdrawal symptoms are not that bad. and when I get that order in about a week, it will be an excuse to buy more yarn. :lol

Ok, this is the safest place to admit....

when was your last yarn purchase & how much did you buy?

For me - less than 24 hours ago. :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn 4 balls of Sugar N' Cream. (On sale, 2 for $3 - you know you wouldn't pass that up either! LoL)

Yesterday - 65 oz. of Red Heart, at a yard sale for $10!!! :yay

Last week. 4 skeins of yellow and white baby sweet stripes for a baby blanket. O yeah and a white baby coordinate to go around it.

A co-worker is having a baby in November and just told us last week. So off I went to HL for yarn. And it was on sale.

:manyheart

Archived