Worst Comment Ever

jaredsfa2004

Just gotta tell you those are beautiful!!!I just called hubby in here to take a look and his said,wow those are sweet,so see it that guy is just a dummy!!

I wish I could make something like that!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How lovely.

This is just another validation of the theory of evolution that says intelligent life forms crawled up out of the sea--sometimes I think men didn't make it to the beach!

They are BOTH beautiful:applause.....I have had that grape one on my to do list for awhile:bheart.......don't let what that fool :locosaid get you down.....YOU know they are wonderful! :tup group hug! :ghug Thanks for sharing them with us!:hug

wow! they are stunning! i love the details and the colors are really nice. don't worry about the guy comment.

one time... i know this is not the same but... one time (last year for thanksgiving, i slaved all day cooking a delicious meal for my family. my husband would help but mostly he helped take care of our 4 kids (they are all under 7) and well when i was all done, we sat at the table. my kids are usually really good about eating... but except for this day. so i am tired and my feet and back hurt really bad. and my wonderful daughter says: "oh yuk, is this all we have to eat?" i almost killed her! i just stared at my food then looked at her and called her ungrateful. then i stood up and left the house crying. went for a long drive and cry. by the time i got home, i was feeling better. i was still hurt though. my hubby had spoken to the kids and they all had giving me hugs and kisses and had told me i was the most wonderful mom in the world and they all thanked me for the wonderful dinner i had made(they all liked it when they tried it).

sometimes people say dumb things. does that mean that my dinner was gross? i think not! lol. it was the best dinner ever! lol. but what appeals to some may not appeal to others. doesn't mean that i suck at what i do or that they suck for that matter, we are just different. you are extremely talented and i would be proud to show your doilies off on my tables. if he couldn't see that then it's his loss. don't let it get to you. never doubt your ability! keep on crocheting. :hug and don't forget to keep sharing those wonderful pics with the rest of us.

They are both beautiful doilles. Regardless of what he said to you, you know that they are very nice and well done. Just put it down to male macho BS and let it go.

I started doing doilies over 40 years ago and it was real hard for me. I had hide what I did and never let any of my buddies know. If they visited the house and saw the crochet stuff sitting out I told them it was my wifes because I knew there was no way that me doing it would be acceptable to them. However, over the years I just quit caring about it and now friends think it's cool. I've even had some of my friends ask me to do some for them. Go figgure. Times change but some people don't. Oh well, their problem.

a) they are gorgeous; b) he's a male (which says a lot); c) I think he was harkening back to his childhood and perhaps had a bad experience with someone's mean grandma and anything remotely genteel, vintage and nostalgic in appearance freaks him out. The roommate might want to consider this .... :)

well...here's the new joke....My sister just came back from Arizona over a long break...and here was the comment he told her...put a picture on the counter, in a day, there is a new doily under it...put a vase here, or a salt shaker there...there is a new coaster or doily under it...

I'm sorry...but I have better hobbies than them...consider them getting drunk in their bed rooms, and on occasion them getting high on "god knows what"... and me in the other room working up a new design...I think my hobby is top notch compared to their's.

He's just an ignorant male (need to apologize to my dh for that one since he doesn't fall into that catagory, but anyway).

They are beautiful. I don't know that I will ever have the patience, inclination or dedication to make such beautiful work.

I admit I have a lot of wip's all the time...because I can get bored quickly, but those are absolutely amazing!!

I admit I like the one with flowers better, but that is only because it has purple in it;) .

Keep up the amazing work and remember he may be insensitive, but you have a whole group of people here who appreciate the hard work and love that goes into making doilies. :hug

Archived