AMI - Craft show nightmare... update on post 37,

KristieMN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristie- Are some of the children wheelchair bound? :think I was thinking about making some wheelchair caddies for the toy drive. Or should we stick to toys? (I have one done as of last night..) :yes I pulled out all my toy patterns... decisions, decisions... :blush

Tina

Kristie- Are some of the children wheelchair bound? :think I was thinking about making some wheelchair caddies for the toy drive. Or should we stick to toys? (I have one done as of last night..) :yes I pulled out all my toy patterns... decisions, decisions... :blush

Tina

Wheelchair cadies are a great idea!:cheer

They have all kinds of kids there..some are indeed in wheelchairs.

Quite a few are going through chemo also.

I am going to make a few soft hats to put in there as well.

Last year, I had some game boy pouches donated....a great idea too!

I am getting excited for the toy drive also.

You have no idea how much it means to the kids!

I will never forget how exciting it was for Libby to be able to pick out a toy when she was in the hospital.

UGH!!!

I am not happy to report...the craft show was a bomb.

I sold 4 items, totalling $18.16. (LONG story about the $.16 item)

To say I am dissappointed, is mild.

I really thought I would do better.

I spent Saturday night through Monday licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself.

What went wrong? I think a number of things.

1...it was memorial day weekend. I think quite a few of the people in town were out of town.

2... I think the only people who were aware of the craft show were local....not big enough advertising

3..... no one liked my stuff? :(

It does help that everyone else had pretty much the same luck as me. Some vendors didnt sell anything at all.

I am not sure if I will attempt the craft show avenue again.

Oh, honey! :hug

Whatever went wrong, it had nothing to do with how cute your work is. I have LOVED every design of yours I've tried out (even when my interpretation of it left something to be desired!).

Hi Kristie:

Girl its not your items all your work is lovely... I think it was not enough advertising of the event.. I used to do craft shows when i first moved here and well to say the least i always came home disappointed between crocheting and getting ready and packing and then having to be there early to set up and then not sell anything.. Most of the time the people just came to look to see what they can copy i don;t mind who copies as long as they buy a sample. But noooo they looked things over and kept on to the next table. So I stopped doing them.. Then i got a friend that built my website on geocities and i sell my things there ....

So dear don;t give up and remember its not you... Its the people.

hugs

yor things are so very cute! it is not you but the crowd that was there.....i love the monkeys and was wondering who i could get one for! (not good grammar was it) oh well! they are all cute!

Kristie, their loss!!! I use to do craft shows and shoppers are a fickle bunch. You never know what they will buy. When Ny required you to get a tax number I got out of the craft show business. Your stuff is beautiful and it's a shame you didn't sell more. Maybe the next show.

Sorry about the show but it wasn't your items I am sure there weren't enough people to make for good shopping. I have gone to craft shows and have seen crochet items just sit there and I don't know why. Some people just don't get it.

:( I'm sorry Kristie!! I have done shows too that were a complete bomb. I'm sorry yours went like that, though. :hug We all think all your toys are so cute; it wasn't your craftmanship that's for sure!!

I have been working on things for the toy drive. So far I have two wheelchair caddies done, one ice cream cone, and another toy in the works... :hook

Tina

UGH!!!

I am not happy to report...the craft show was a bomb.

I sold 4 items, totalling $18.16. (LONG story about the $.16 item)

To say I am dissappointed, is mild.

I really thought I would do better.

I spent Saturday night through Monday licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself.

What went wrong? I think a number of things.

1...it was memorial day weekend. I think quite a few of the people in town were out of town.

2... I think the only people who were aware of the craft show were local....not big enough advertising

3..... no one liked my stuff? :(

It does help that everyone else had pretty much the same luck as me. Some vendors didnt sell anything at all.

I am not sure if I will attempt the craft show avenue again.

I'm sooooo sorry!:hug But, I'll, uh, take a few toys of your hands, if you don't mind! :D :D :D I'll even buy them!!!! :yes I'm so sorry. People don't realize how long you SLAVED over those toys! :lol Hugs and cookies to you!:cchip

You have no idea how much I love your creations! And I know from experience how one can 'lose' money on craft shows... I been there done that. On the other hand you designs are marketable so dont think those adorable lil creations are anything short of wonderful!:yes

So sorry to hear about the show. Hey, this was a big weekend for going away. Most here spent the day at the beach or parks.

I doubt they didn't like your stuff, as your toys are always so cute. I love the ones that looked like lolly pops.

It could very well be advertising. Hey, if no one knows, no one will come.

Don't let this discourage ou.:hook

its DEF. not your stuff! I love all your toys, theyre all super cute.

I know in my area a bunch of the home business girls( avon, MK, tupperware ect) get together and do boutiques at each others houses and im sure you could join in with them, ask around. Chin up girl! *HUGS*

:cry hi kristie,

i have purchased several of your patterns and admire your creativity...your finished items are awesome...

re: craft show...i used to do them years ago...i found that the people in charge didn't really care about the crafter...they only wanted the table fees...one show in particular was held the saturday after thanksgiving...people were lined up at the doors by 8:00...then more school rooms were opened for "crafters"...quality of crafts started to resemble garage sale stuff...home-made does not mean sticking a bow on a purchased doll ...(slight rant here)

i think a juried show would be super for you....sometimes the entry fees are a little pricier...but the level of the crafters is much better...........

I don't think it's your stuff. They're all great! As I sit here looking at them my 3 yo son is sitting on my lap and he looked at the pic of all the animals and said very emphatically, "I want you to make me all of those!!!"

I have never tried to make animals, and I'm not sure I could if I tried, so he'll have to do without unless I can pick one up at the Crochetville Auction. ;o)

Archived