What thread projects do you have underway?

Krakovianka

There is a post like this somewhere else for all crochet--I thought it would be nice to have one just to share what we're working on in thread. I have three WIP--one that I just started today! :hook

1. A very large table centerpiece worked in motifs--spring green and pale yellow. I started this back in February, got past the halfway point, and got tired of it. I just recently picked it up, hoping to work just one or two motifs per day until it's done. Probably just in time for autumn! :think

2. The strangest project I have ever made. it's a big doily/table mat, but it is not worked in the round, nor back and forth like filet. It's worked in...tapes? Each one goes back and forth, but they snake around and are connected in fiendishly difficult ways. I've had to make up a few of my own because I can't figure out the (Polish) instructions. This is an odd one, but if it works out, it's going to be amazing. I'm working it in a light shade of green.

3. This is what I started today, after a quick stop at yarn/thread shop--my first "painted" doily. I'm just experimenting, so I chose a relatively quick and simple pattern, but it seems as if I'm doing more cutting and adding thread than actually crocheting.

4. Not a WIP, but something I'm planning--a purse, worked with 2 strands of size 10 thread held together. I saw the perfect thread at the store today--just wasn't ready to buy it yet. Soon, I hope, but in the mean time, I'm trying to figure out a basic shape/pattern for the purse (already chose and tested a stitch pattern).

Okay, how about the rest of you? What thread projects are underway? Summer is a good time for thread--not nearly so hot as yarn!;)

I am testing a doily for Katchkan, and making my third PK doily. I am being very firm with myself - not starting anything new until these are done, or even buying more thread until I have finished all I have at home. I did have one lapse when I went to the shop to buy thread to send as a gift to a friend, and could not resist some grey tatting thread for myself, but am now keeping to the conditions I have set.

I'm working on a medalion called bright star....I only have the last round and boarder to go not sure what I'm going to do with it. I'll probly throw it in my sewing box and until I get the itch to make more and put them together. Tomorrow I am getting yarn to make a couple of baby blankets so i'm taking a break from thread even tho I like it better than yarn. I'm thinking about starting a filet not sure what but I always feel good about them cause they go fast and get results fast.

I can't do more than 2 things at a time or nothing would get done around the house. I have a 2 and 3 year old so honestly nothing much gets done around here till after 8pm!

Lets see:

Doily for doily swap

Large Pineapple tablecloth for ME

RR tabletopper (waiting on thread)

Then in Yarn:

Charity afghans (always in progress)

Testing new baby afghan for another site

Now to go crochet and get off here...LOL

I have three things going,

I have a filet table topper. I almost 3/4's of the ways done with that one. But haven't much time at the moment to crochet.

I also have a rnd filet tablecloth I am working on slowly, very slowly. again time constraints,

Then I had the incredible urge to create another doily. I can't seem to stop designing these things. This one is going to be slow though as it is only getting worked on when we are driving.

Then to top it all off I just finished the design for a window in the new place. But I think it will have to wait until the move is done and I have one or two of these other projects done.

Moving definitely cuts into one's crochet time.

I started working on a doily last night. I'm on the 20th round. I hope I will be done today. It's called "Stroke of Noon" in yellow and white. I'm trying to work on colored threads and stay a little bit away from my usual favorite white thread. I'll post the pix as soon as I'm done with it.

Hey, look! I think we've inspired susy to use color. :-):clap

I'm sure it will be lovely, as all your work is. I am looking forward to being a full member so I can participate in an exchange. I have never done that, and it seems like fun.

I hope everyone will share pics of your finished projects!

:manyheart

:lol :lol :lol thanks for your inspiration, Krakovianka.

I think you opened doors for me somewhere. hahahahah! I'll be done with my colored doily in just a few rounds. You'll be the first one to see it.:yes

I'm glad I saw this thread, as it is motivating me to get going. :cheer My church has a ladies banquet in January every year. Those who wish to sign up to host a table and are responsible for decorating and providing dishes, silverware, linens, party favors, etc. for a table of 8. Each table is 60" dia., and has a white floor length tablecloth, which we can cover with any kind of topper.

This year I want to make a large crocheted topper. I haven't decided yet which dishes to use, which will determine the color of the topper. I have my mom's china, which I used last year. It is white with a silver rim and little pink flowers. I also have my mom's Desert Rose pottery (big pink roses all around the edge), or my own pottery, which is off-white with a blue rim and little blue flowers.

I would like to use the Desert Rose :rose (mostly because I haven't used it yet) but can't decide what color thread to use for the topper. If I make it pink it seems like a REALLY PINK TABLE. I also have to come up with a center piece, which I could use somehow to tone down the pink. Or maybe the blue dishes would be better, with a blue topper. What are your opinions?

I just finished three sets of thread baby booties for a friend (who wants to give them as gifts).

I'm on round 25 of 28 of a pineapple oval centerpiece (in burgundy) for my china hutch ( I can't WAIT to finish it!).

My WIM is a pineapple runner in ecru for some friends for Christmas. They have a 100 year old piano sitting in their living room that belonged to the husband's grandmother with NOTHING crocheted on top of such a beautiful piece of furniture!! It has been SCREAMING at me to please give it the appropriate covering! I don't know if they like crochet or not (might be setting myself up for "those kinds of comments" but I'll just tell them I'll take the runner back if they don't like it. :) We'll see.

Well, I have about my normal amount going.

1. I am making 5 christmas ornaments each month for a total of 25 for family and friends. I still have this month's 5 to make.

2. I have made 2 dolls from Aly's Delicate Crochet site to put into shadowboxes and am making some butterflies now to go with them. They still need shaping.

3. I have a 3 foot angel I am making into a doll to display in my livingroom. She is about 1/3 done. I am leaving off wings and adding a hat and parasol.

I also have a few other projects that I want to make as soon as I get #2 done.

Paralee - How about a very pale pink topper, with a small amount of a deeper pink that matches the roses?

Thanks, that is a great idea. :clap I may even try to work in a little green, as the Desert Rose has green stems and leaves.

I've been searching for a pattern that will cover the entire 60" table and having trouble finding one, so I may fall back to a large doily in the center and coordinating place mats under each plate. I found one with filet roses that would be beautiful worked in pale pink, with deeper pink roses, and green for some of the lace work in the center and at the outer edges.

besides trying my hand at tatting design I am currently making a burgundy needlebook (for sewing needes). I have no idea what i will do with it as i have one i've made previously, it will likely become a gift. no pattern, just crocheting

I have the following on my hook...

1. Kathy's pattern I am testing

2. My doily for the doily swap, ALMOST done

3. bookmarks

thats it for now, I have been sooooooooooo busy

I am done with my "Stroke of Noon" doily just this afternoon:clap . see pix at “Look What I have Made & Stashed” at Thread Crochet Show-and-Tell. I will begin another project as soon as I picked something from my file of patterns. another colored one for sure.;)

I do have thread projects going but for now they are on the back burner as I am trying to get this Entrelac baby blanket done by JULY. On row 12 or 13 now..... After that I can go back and finish the doily I was working on...

I would love to see everyones crochet project~~~~

Thanks for asking!!! I have been investigating Irish crochet and really loving the challenge of something so new and different. But I needed a wedding present and pulled out a doily I have been laboring over for years (really). It's one of those "painted doilies" that uses 3 strands of sewing thread and varies them slowly for the nice changing color effect. It is hard and I keep missing a thread of the three. But now I have a reason to finish it, I am committed to finish by end of July. I'll show a pic when I finish it.

I started "Rosebud" Doily last night. combination of white and pink/green.

I'm done with my "Rosebud" (see Look What I Have Made and Stashed" at our Thread Crochet Show-and-Tell).

Here's what kept me awake till 2:00 a.m last night. I was on my 6th round when I hit the bed. It's "Rosette" doily. I dunno if I can still follow the pattern till the end. I'm still dicephering as I go through with it.

Picture071.jpg

Susy, you are amazingly productive! I can't crochet too late in the day, unless the pattern is very easy. I was working on my "strange" project last night, and had to rip and restitch the same section three times. I finally got it right, but this is one I have to be alert to work on. Not a "sit in front of the TV and crochet" kind of project either.

But you've finished two doilies within the last week! Wow!

Yup! You bet! I can even make one or two doilies in a day with simple patterns. I have nothing else to do the whole day but watch tv, lurk in forums and CROCHET! there are househelps to do my chores, my children are all grown-up and hubby's always coming home late from the office. I would rather while away my time with my threads and hooks.

Archived