Is there a free thread baby bootie pattern?

Jens

the pattern I have I bought for 99c on epatternscentral it was a bib and bootie pattern. i looked for ages and this was the only one i found but that was some months ago now so there could be free ones out there :)

Jens: If you like the look of Irish lace, there is a simple pattern called "Baby's Ankle Tie". i found it on Antique Patterns Library in Priscilla Irish Crochet, II. Be careful when printing it out, though, because the pictures are on one page and the pattern is on a different page. I did have to tweak it, though, to help modernize it a bit, but they're very cute booties. If you choose it, let me know if you need any help with it.

another idea you can do is use the same size hook required in a baby yarn pattern, but use thread to work it up. That's what I've done with various dresses I've made, and it works out fairly well. Try to find a pattern with a D or an F hook, as in my opinion, they work the best.

It calls for sizes 100 and 80 thread. I have used 80 for a filet I did for my mom. I managed the filet but to do all that is in this pattern (baby ankle tie) I think I would be more comfortable with larger thread. I can manage 30 just fine and maybe even 40 or 50. Is the larger thread going to make it huge? I really want to make 'new born' size.

Jen

The first link didn't work but the second one looks like I could manage it. I keep looking at the priscilla one and it is SO pretty but I don't know if I could do it yet....

Thanks for all the links this group is so great!

Jen

There really is a lack of free thread patterns, isn't there. That's why I've been designing my own. :D

Lately I've been crocheting with a size 3 cotton thread rather than a size 10 as some thread patterns call for. I use the size 3 thread in patterns that call for a light worsted weight yarn. In some cases, I've found that I like the finished bootie in thread rather than worsted! Also, I find it takes forever to make a bootie with size 10 or thinner thread. It goes much more quickly using size 3 cotton and you still get the refined look of a thread bootie.

Cheryl. :hook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

If anyone wants to find a REALLY HUGE place to find crochet patterns go to myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet...believe me ..there are so many patterns of ALL sorts of things ...it will take a life time to see all of them..and the best thing of this web site is that it is divided into categories..very easy to find what you are looking for..I would like some feed back of how you like it

If you want to find A TON of crochet patterns (including for baby) go to myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet...believe me...there are so many patterns it will take a life time to see all of them and the best thing is that the patterns are divided by categories making it easy to fine what you are looking for.Please tell me how you like it

Archived