Anyone from Montreal, Quebec, Canada?

I've lived here since last May. My husband is from St. Elie and we met and married in Florida. (been together almost 7 years!) He decided to join his father and brother in business, so we came up here with our 2 year old who loves the snow. Winters are just awful! I don't know why in the world people live up here! (I am trying to be funny, not offend people) I think I've driven my car maybe half a dozen times since December because I'm scared of running off the road. I'm pregnant, so I was borrowing snow pants to go play with my daughter outside, but they don't fit and after a dangerous fall on the ice, I just sit on the sidelines now anyway. I hope it'll be more fun next winter! Right now I'm just waiting for all the snow to melt and everything to dry out. I do appreciate the significantly lower humidity and mellow summers, though. I'm so glad it's almost here!

OMG! This was your first winter here!! :eek Every winter DH (who is an American) and I swear this will be the last one then spring and summer roll around and we forget how bad the winter was :think . Almost 20 years and we're still here...hehe. When is your baby due? Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Hope all goes well ;)

I've lived here since last May. My husband is from St. Elie and we met and married in Florida. (been together almost 7 years!) He decided to join his father and brother in business, so we came up here with our 2 year old who loves the snow. Winters are just awful! I don't know why in the world people live up here! (I am trying to be funny, not offend people) I think I've driven my car maybe half a dozen times since December because I'm scared of running off the road. I'm pregnant, so I was borrowing snow pants to go play with my daughter outside, but they don't fit and after a dangerous fall on the ice, I just sit on the sidelines now anyway. I hope it'll be more fun next winter! Right now I'm just waiting for all the snow to melt and everything to dry out. I do appreciate the significantly lower humidity and mellow summers, though. I'm so glad it's almost here!

Hey you easterners!! I am in Alberta. Good luck with your baby! Just wanted to tell you that I had 3 girls and they could never tell what sex they were with ultrasounds, then I got pregnant again..same story...but this time it was a boy. The little stinkers liked to keep us guessing. I had five ultrasounds with the boy...and he still kept "it" hidden. LOL.

The winters are very mild here in southern Alberta...but I feel your pain all the same!

Bonjour,

Just thought that I would say hello . My family is originally from Montmagny, near Quebec City, although I have "relatives" all throughout Quebec....with a surname like Langlois, that is to be expected, although I'm not ever sure if I really want to claim them or not :laughroll

Archived