Texas anyone?

debora

Mount Pleasant here.
Really? We live in Titus County. The mailing address is Pittsburg but we really consider ourselves to be from M. P. since we do practically everything there — church, shop, doctors, etc.

Hi! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Howdy!

I live just outside of Wharton, TX - about 30 miles SouthWest of Richmond/Rosenberg on HWY59.

My closest LYS, that I know of, is either in El Campo or in Sugarland.

I hope to find more local people, but it seems that even the local-est of those who have posted are more towards Houston than way-out-here.

Pleased to meet ya'll!

GoldenGryphon

• 2 weeks later...
I live in the North Houston area (Spring/1960/I-45 area). :)

Howdy!

My Mom lives up your way - The Woodlands area - and we'll be getting together next Friday. It currently sounds like we'll meet in town, make a flying trip to a fabric store for canvas or heavy cotton/denim, then to my house for a marathon sewing session. I'm hoping to talk her into stopping by my LYS Sugar Land Yarn Co. so I can pick up a few skeins of some fancy-dancy laceweight linen they had last time I was in - I'll make a summer top with a solid linen fabric and trim it with the linen threadwork from the last Interweave Crochet mag.

Well, now that you know all my plans for the next few weeks, how are things in your area?

I am in the Tomball/Waller/Houston/Katy area... Hwy290 area.

Howdy!

My nieces and nephew live out in Tomball - they seem to be trying to leave as soon as possible, but that's probably because they're young and trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives. Darling Adorable and I thought about settling up that way, but it would have put us too close to one of our families and we were hoping for some 'spaces in our togetherness' to quote Khalil Gibran.

Do you shop at Yarntopia? I haven't made it up that way, yet, but have heard good things about the shop.

Hey I will be moving to Houston, in two weeks. Looking at homes out Spring / 1960 area. This is really great !

That's a lovely area of town. I spent my teenage years haunting the Conroe to Spring highways and, while it has built up more than a little bit, it's still a nice place. We settled to the south-west of Houston, hoping to avoid the huge metroplex that I-45 was turning into - no such luck. Apparently everyone wants to move out of the city and into the country.

Sigh.

Wow! So nice to see so many Texans...especially East Texans!! I'm in Longview, but know many people around all kinds of parts of ET & have lived in many parts, too! I've lived near a couple of y'all...kinda cool!

Anyone in the Longview area interested in a meet-up in the next couple of weeks?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived