darcee

Who do you crochet for

who do you crochet for the most  

473 members have voted

1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

I mostly crochet for charity. In 2 years I have made 350 blankets for children going into foster care. I love doing it, it is so rewarding. I also do blankets for my family and scarves for Christmas gifts. :crocheting

Mostly for myself unless I know who I give it to will use it.

For everyone else!:lol Everytime I say I am going to make something for me, I end up giving them away. That's ok though. I love their faces when I say, "you can have it". Just my way of giving back.

Edited by crazyboutcrochet

Everybody but me! In the 20 or so years I have only kept one thing! My Shawler!

usually baby balnkets for gifts. always appreciated, & cost less than $15 to make.

I would love to crochet to sell I think it would be so neat to see something I made go by on a stranger , but I have three kids and various family members that love the things that I make. They pull the sad face and most times things don't even get wrapped or wait until the holiday or birthday to be given:lol as soon as they see me doing something they call dibs .I have only made one thing for myself and I call it my ugly bag (ha ha) so nobody else will want it I plan on making an other one to carry my yarn around in:crocheting

I mainly crochet things as gifts, especially baby afghans. My pattern that I use is simple and I can work one up in one week in the evenings (I use a double strand). Other things I've done is gifts for my kids, afghans, scraves, and other items. I rarely make something for myself.:crocheting

I've made the most stuff for myself or my family, partly because I have only been crocheting since November of 2008. As I keep going I know it will turn into crocheting more for gifts. Right now I am working on a Round Ripple in Sage(Dark Green) Woody(multi in RHSS) and Black for a gift for a friend building us kitchen cabinets, and I'm working on a round ripple baby afgan in baby green, pink and white.

Lately, I have been crocheting for charity. Not much else. Also a few baby things too.

98% of my crochet goes to others. I've kept a couple of afghans, a FBB and some holiday decorations. Every year, I crochet more than 30 items (pot holders, kitchen hanging towels, etc.) for the staff at the kidney dialysis center, where my husband has treatment. I also have a stash of pot holders for nurses, waitresses, store checkers, mail carriers and for anyone who makes my day easier. Even the things I crochet for the county fair become gifts.

I didn't vote since they don't have my answer listed all of the above is my answer.

I mainly crochet gifts - baby and otherwise but also crochet to sell in my Etsy shop

I make things for friends and family, as well as a volunteer organization that gives blankets for keepsake or burial purposes to parents who have lost little ones shortly after birth or who's babies were born still. I also serve as director of the Colorado Springs chapter of the organization. :)

All of the above LOL

I would say both. I can't just sit with my hands on my lap, I have to have them doing something, even while watching a movie or something, my hands have to stay busy. So while it comes in handy for me to be making something, the project I am usually working on is for a sister or niece or friend. I get to not go nuts while keeping my hands busy, and someone gets a small gift in the process!:)

I can't vote as I crochet for all three reasons. But the main reason I crochet is because I love to do it! I think that's a category everyone would vote for.

I would say both. I can't just sit with my hands on my lap, I have to have them doing something, even while watching a movie or something, my hands have to stay busy. So while it comes in handy for me to be making something, the project I am usually working on is for a sister or niece or friend. I get to not go nuts while keeping my hands busy, and someone gets a small gift in the process!:)

yea, same with me Ericalynn, if I am not crocheting then I am taking something apart like parts of sweaters. I don't like collars. or I be busy doing other stuff but yes, busy with my hands too.

Although gift giving is currently where my crocheting projects are going, I try to make myself something for every project I make for others. And, I'd like to eventually make money at crocheting.

So far my little projects have been for my family. I have this bear and table runner I did for my mom and then another bear I did for my grandmother with a dress and a frilly hat. My mom asked me to crochet a little animal for my great aunt and I brought up making a little Christmas tree for my dad's semi. I love giving the things I make away! You can't beat something handmade. :)

I crochet things to keep me warm in winter, and sometimes my friends see and like, so I make them tried and achieved patterns. Right now, I am expecting my first, so I am making baby items for my little one, and as they go well, for friends' babies as well.