Little girl halter top

I made this for my little one..... She had requested a top, so I am hoping she will actually like this one AFTER wearing it to school this week. ( Made a sweater for her, but after wearing it to school....she won't wear it anymore :( )

I measured how wide the top needed to be, made a chain, sc in each.... then sc for as many rows as I felt would look appropriate. Then I double crochet as many rows as I wanted for the length. Then added the picot fringe that was on a top that I made in the fall. I am actually quite proud of this one. I already had 3 other little girls come up to me while finishing this and tell me that it was pretty.:yay There might be hope for my 'skills' yet.:devil

th_Pinktopfringeclose.jpg

th_croppinktop.jpg

I will be back in the am to post the instructions for the bottom picot edge. Now keep in mind I went by what fit my dd , I didn't really go by ' chain X amount ' However, FYI...the top I made......I chained 80 first (;) )

Thanks for liking my top. I believe she is going to wear it on Thursday:clap

it's very pretty! i am sorry to hear the sweater was given the flick. maybe she should wear them on weekends so you don't have to worry about peer pressure ruining your hard work :U

ok ladies.... First of all. I APOLOGISE for not posting this yesterday am like I said. You know how things get so hectic?.....Between Dr appt's, Dentist appt, Graduation, and company coming over, and I forgot to mention GROCERY SHOPPING. I didn't get bac online until just now. So anyway, sorry about the wait.

Picot Edge (three tiered )

what ever you are attaching this to........

With RS facing you, attach yarn with sl st to corner.

Row 1: Ch 6 ( counts as ch-space) *sc in next ch-space of base ch, ch 4; repeat from* across, end sc in last corner space, turn

Row 2: Ch 5, *sc in ch-4 space,work 8 dcin next ch-4 space, sc in next ch-4 space, ch 4; repeat from *across, end sc in ast ch-space ch 5, sc in same ch-space, turn

Row 3: Ch 4, sc in ch-5 space * work [dc, picot] in next 7 dc, sc in ch-4 space; repeat from * across, end in last ch-space, ch 4 sc in same space, turn

Row4: Ch 4, dc in sc, ch 4, *skip 2 picots, sc in third picot, ch 4, skip 1 picot, sc in next picot, ch 4, skip 2 picots, dc in sc, ch 4; repeat from * across, end sc in last ch-4 space,turn

Row 5: Ch8, skip first ch 4 space, *sc in ch 4 space, work 8 dc in next ch-4 space, sc in ch-4 space, ch 4; repeat from *across,end ch 8,sc in last ch-4 space, turn.

Row 6: Ch 4, sc in ch-8 space, *work [dc, picot] in next 7 dc, dc in nect dc, sc in ch-4 space; repeat from * across,end sc in last ch-space,ch 4, sc in same space, turn.

Rows 7-9: Repeat Rows 4-6.

Fasten off

PICOT: Ch 3, slip st in top of dc.

BTW: She ( dd ) wore the top to school this day. I will get the feedback on it in about an hour. I do know that I had to take her in a different top.... because according to our dress code, the straps were to thin. They need to be 2 inches wide.

*update* Her friends liked the top so much, they didn't want her to change shirts!! WooHoo!!! I finally made something she likes!

The sweater? Well, I am going to ask her if it is ok that I donate it. Someone would be glad to have it. If she gives me the 'ok', then I will put it in the box with the rest of the things to go to Online-Angels.

Of course you KNOW.......................That means I will be making her a NEW ONE!!!!!! BICO Here I come!!!!!!! ( And this one I will make in the 'dress code' compliant colors....so she will be able to wear it to school everyday)

I started out with the idea of making the summer breeze top......But I have to be honest, I am not much of a direction follower. I looked at the instructions, and then figured NOPE. They ( the directions were fine, the trouble is with me ) I just figured if I made it to fit her by measuring my chain around her... WITHOUT counting ch, then at least I would know it would ' supposedly' fit. LOL

Archived