SouthWest Indian Afghan

VenLuvsCrochet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is truly spectacular!!! I would love to try something like that! It would take me forever, but it would be worth it. If I were you, I don't think I'd be able to part with that if I had put all that work into it. Just GORGEOUS!!!

Elle

That is just TOO amazing! :eek When you called it a masterpiece, you definitely were not kidding. Words escape me!

Your "Sandy Shells" afghan is also very lovely, I might add. It adds a very soft and pleasant feeling in my opinion. Really nice! :cheer

I am completely amazed by that blanket! I can' believe it's crocheted! It's looks so detailed, and each part blends with the next seamlessly.

I don't know what you plan to do with that, but if I had made that, nothing would part me from it.

I know I posted to this thread already, but I am so in awe of this afghan that I have to keep stopping back to look at it some more! It's just the most spectacular thing I've seen in a long, long time, and I SO wish that I could get hold of this pattern or one similar to it! You have done just the most magnificent job of crocheting this, I really can't say it enough!

Elle

I can't help it, I keep coming back here to look at that afghan! I HAVE to have that pattern! Does anyone who has it want to sell it? Name your price, or tell me what you want in trade and it's yours! My dog! My HUSBAND! I WANT THAT PATTERN!!!!!! :rofl I want to make one of my own so I can sit and look at it even when I'm not at the computer! :drool

Elle

It's hard to believe that's crochet! It almost looks hand woven. I have a real weakness for Indian textiles and just love this blanket. It must have been fun to integrate all of those different patterns. It certainly keeps you from getting bored! Great job! No wonder all the relatives want it for their own!

Wow! So many replies and compliments! Thank you!

For those of you who'd like the pattern, I came across one listed on eBay this morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUTHWEST-STYLE-BLANKET-AFGHAN-CROCHET-PATTERN_W0QQitemZ120122486454QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The blanket is done completely in single crochet and, fortunately, there were no ends to weave in. If there had been, I don't think I would have ever been able to finish it. It took forever as it was. Each row in the blanket is crocheted individually, attaching on the starting end and finishing off on the other end, and you carry all the colors you need for the row across the entire row, leaving tails on each end for the fringe, which runs up the sides of the afghan instead of fringe on each end. The worst rows are the ones with the zigzag patterns because there are about 7 rows where you have to carry 4 colors across each row and the yarn will get hopelessly mangled if you don't stop every couple of inches and untangle it.

When I have some time this weekend, I'll try to take a picture of the back of the afghan for those who want to see it. The back is not quite as perfect as the front but I did my best to keep it as neat as possible when changing colors and I tried to keep the carried colors from showing through.

Archived