SouthWest Indian Afghan

VenLuvsCrochet

I have thais pattern and have not ever tried it. The task always seems so overwhelming and I can never seem to find all the colors I need at the store when I go. Those two things combined and I have not done it. Great Job:clap

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern is an out of print pattern by Annie's Attic. It's from the Annie's Crochet Quilt Afghan Club and the front of the leaflet just says Indian Afghan. Every once in a while you see the pattern on eBay, which is where I got my copy, but the bidding can get pretty high. I think I paid something like $27 just for this pattern by itself and I've seen the bidding on some go even higher than that. It has so many colors in it, it cost me almost $120.00 for the Red Heart yarn and took me 6 months to make but it's worth every penny and every minute spent on it. I might even enter it at the fair this year.

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. The sense of accomplishment alone is a wonderful feeling but it feels even better when others acknowledge your hard work and no one can appreciate the effort that goes into one of these like you guys can.

:2rock :2rock :2rock Beautiful!!

My nose hit the monitor when I first saw this.

What an accomplishment for you!

:drool Congrats:applause :applause:nworthy

I'd never let that out of my sight:lol

Amazing!!! I have this pattern as well but never have tried it. Heck it took me 20 years to try the Lace and Bobbles pattern...maybe I'll try this one some day.

I've never seen this crocheted by anyone before only the picture in the pattern. You did a fantastic job! I would never part with it either...

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

O-M-G!!!!!! That is a "MasterPiece":cheer!! You SHOULD really enter it in the fair :yes :yes !!!!! Been that we live in Arizona, our livingroom is in Southwest decor and your afghan would really look at home here:lol :lol !! (I even had my dh come look at your afghan! ) You did a very beautiful job on it-kudo's to you:bow :fame!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, how does the back look:think . Please let us know if you do enter it into the fair--Hope you get "Best of Show":think (I think that's what it's called)??

that is beautiful! i cannot imagine staying with a project that complicated. if i were you, i would make a wall hanging out of it like someone else posted. i also love the colors on the other afghan. those are my mom's favorite colors. you did some great work.

It's spectacular, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't blow away every other entrant in the fair. If you don't use it as a wall hanging, I would at the very least not let anybody use it, because the afghans in my house that get used (most of them) get pilled pretty quickly.

My jaw just hit the floor! That is a stunning afghan. I barely was able to stay motivated to finish a toddler bed sized granny square afghan, so I can't imagine the patience and motivation required to do that piece of art! I am truly in awe of it and you for making it.

That afghan is an amazing piece of work. Did you carry the yarn when you made it, or did you have to weave in all those ends? If you wove them in, I'm going to personally fly out and pin an award on your chest because you're a better woman than me!

Please do enter it in a state fair. It's definitely a blue ribbon piece!

Archived